PVR Home Experience Bug

Hi there,
Got a small bug here I noticed after wiping my PC and reinstalling windows ready for my RTX 3070 arriving.

I reinstalled Steam and Steam VR as well as latest PiTool and the PVR Experience Beta and VR works fine, but I have a couple of small issues with Pimax Experience (PE)…

Issue 1: Problem I have is the right hand panel of the PE UI that usually displays info on graphics card, Oculus, OS etc etc is currently blank apart from the headings, PE appears to be unable to retrieve the info to populate the fields.

Issue 2: When I go into a games custom settings and try to change/save the manual SteamVR settings on a per game basis, I get an error saying PE home cant find SteamVR and its config files. PE does know where steamVR is though as I can launch it via the button on the bottom row of the UI and games launch fine.

Both issues I think are related but not a huge issue. I’ve been changing game settings via PiTool and only launching games via PVR Experience for now.

If any Pimax person needs any logs or whatever, please let know…

Cheers

3 Likes

@SweViver or @arminelec might be the right ones to answer resp. look into your issues.

1 Like

Hi @SweViver and @PimaxUSA @arminelec
Could you help please???

Thanks for properly describing your scenario and pointing out the issues.

For the second issue, a fix is already on its way, since it was reported earlier: https://community.openmr.ai/t/unable-to-apply-per-game-steam-optimisation-settings-in-pimax-experience/32872 .

For the first issue, it seems PiTool is not providing PE with correct information.
Please attach your log file (or paste it into pastebin, or message via Discord ). It might help with narrowing down the first issue faster. A screenshot of the PE view (with left, right and center panels visible in the screenshot) might also help.

1 Like

@KinkyJalepeno or @Heliosurge, would you please move this PE bug report under the https://community.openmr.ai/c/PEXPBeta/PEBetaBug/ ?

(I only look over there for issues)

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi @arminelec
Can you give me a location and name of the log file please?
I’ve had a dig through the PE folders but haven’t really come across anything. Or do you mean PiTool log file? Either way a path and name would be good thanks.

Also how do I move posts??

Looks like someone completed it. Just edit title and you can choose category there.

2 Likes

Sure! It’s under:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience\Player.log
Replace <YourUserName> in the path to your user name in your computer.

Great! I did not know it is as simple as editing the title! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally, something where I can help out… :smiley:

1: Press the edit icon

2: Change category

2 Likes

Might have a clue there - PiTool installs on C: drive by default but I did choose my E: drive for PE install so the issue may be caused by installs on different drives.

I’ll re-install PE on C: when I get back home and see what happens.

1 Like

Hi there,
I still need you to tell me which log file to give you please ?!

Theres a screen shot of my panel anyway - I notice up the to it says “not connected to PiTool” at the top right of the centre panel.

Both PE and PiTool are both installed on the C: drive now so no idea why they aint talking to each other.

Cheers

2 Likes

I think You missed the reply above? :slight_smile:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pvr-home-experience-bug/32729/9?u=drwilken

You have to use PiTool 1.0.1.264+ or 1.0.2.084+ (newest version out) for it to work.

If You installed 1.0.2.084 You should ignore it telling You to upgrade as it will actually downgrade to a version that doesn’t support PE (1.0.1.261).

1 Like

Holy daaaayum,
I re-installed PiTool and upgraded at its request, why is this nightmare of progress still around? It makes everyone’s life a lot more difficult when trying to fix stuff. Not aimed at you but man that’s bad, and should be fixed on the same day and rolled out to prevent bug reports and failed fixes…

Anyway here is the log you requested.
Dropbox link Transfer - Dropbox

Ok so now I have that nugget of essential info, maybe I’ll go rollback my version. Seriously someone does not like or has no idea about user friendliness over at Pimax sometimes.

EDIT 14/11/20 - @arminelec My right panel is now populated now I have installed PE and Pi-T on the same drive. Seems PE doesn’t like being on a different drive than Pi-T

Also on the SteamVR settings issue, I checked today and although I get the “Oops something went wrong” message, the settings are actually being applied.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your efforts and checks!

That is weird! Nevertheless I have added this as a bug to the backlog to have a look. Perhaps something goes wrong in PiTool. Will know more after investigating.

Glad you could confirm that!

Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.