PSVR2 Hands On videos are up

Realistically, about 18-20, going by the resolution and FOV. So similar to Quest 2/Pico Neo 3 but of course with much better contrast, colours and brightness. It’s not going to be a clarity leader in any way but I think about 20 is at that point where most people are pretty happy for gaming on it. The more hardcore enthusiasts will want more of course but for more casual VR users (which PSVR2 ultimately targets the most, including a great deal of first time users) the 18-20 mark will be great.

1 Like

on 1 hand i’m slightly disappointed with 18-20 because i recall the clarity of an aero at 35 and want more of the same (that’s why i’m enthusiastic for the crystal), on the other hand i get by just fine with a quest 2 at the moment with its 20 or so ppd.

I just read Ben’s raving review about the new resident evil https://www.roadtovr.com/resident-evil-village-8-psvr-2-preview/

OK I’m getting this for sure now
Seems right up my alley

2 Likes

Hey i didnt see that impression,very nice!,But i saw some other guy with was also very very impressed with this game and the psvr2… I want the psvr2 for sure too… :wink:

1 Like

yeah the PC mod is indeed very limited in terms of what it can do. Praydog is slowly releasing updates however I doubt more interactivity can be coded in since the game was not designed for it. Now if maybe cabalistic and Drbeef from HL2VR can join him they might be able to extend the mod’s functions.

Watching Sebastion comment on other Youtubers coverage had me thinking Youtuber is getting to be a real easy job. :grinning:

very cool

1 Like

I like that they tried to make so many of the specs easy to understand for non-VR people. It can sometimes be easy to forget that for the non-enthuasist that stuff like ‘foveated rendering’ is not common knowledge.

Really well made trailer.

Ok now I’m excited. The OLED blacks clearly make a difference. This is what the community needs I think. A proprietary gaming headset with rich arcade like visuals

2 Likes

Yes i am waiting also a long time to oled to come back to vr… Finaly it comes now… its needed in vr… much more immersion for me…

2 Likes

I hope the preorders start soon…

1 Like

Hehe same here, definitely getting this. Also still on the fence for Pimax 12k, but want to wait for reviews from users first. Will probably take a while …

1 Like

i think around mid next year the pimax 12k will come

1 Like

By the way i think next year is a good year for VR ! :wink:

3 Likes

I am hoping that the 3090 will be enough for 12K but realistically it will probably need a 4090Ti to really shine because devs have a tendency to be lazy on optimization. RIP wallet. Hopefully more devs utilize DLSS/VRR/VRS in strereo titles to reduce overhead.
With that said the PSVR2 looks like a buy for me as well if only for the Resi games. Now to sort out getting a PS5

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.