Programming for canted HMDs

Hi Pimax,
@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @SweViver

It has been ~2 years since Pimax entered our awareness, it has grown and become a headset that is a head of other more common ones, but with few advantages only it delivered.
But, there had to be a but, in the term of compatibility, I’m afraid Pimax rely on other engines and they do not “spread” the knowledge of how to make graphical engines to cope with canted HMDs.

I opened this thread in the hope that Pimax will listen and maybe will share more of their knowledge and examples to 3rd parties, so they would be able to easily incorporate these solutions into their graphical engines.

Here is a snipet from “Ben Supnik” from “Laminar Research” (X-Plane) after I asked him to add support for canted screens like Pimax HMD:

Last I checked, there’s no support cor canted HMDs in SteamVR – have they updated this yet?

It seems that companies who write their own engines have no idea or want to make adjustments to their engines for HMDs that do not follow certain rules.
In my opinion, here is where Pimax PR should shine. They can easily locate games/utilities that support VR, and contact them to assist and make the modifications to their engines easier.
Here is a list of examples:

• X-Plane
  • Aerosoft Aerofly FS2
  • FlyInside Flight Simulator

I know these are all simulators, but in many cases they use their own Engines to draw the world. I believe that race sims might be in this category too.

It is your responsibility to share the knowledge with other developers and not wait for special occasions.

The more you spread the knowledge, the faster your HMDs will become supported.

Cheers
Saar