Production Update Discussions Jan 29/2019

@Heliosurge the post title needs a update.

I see someone altered it to Dec 4th. Lol. Figured easier to leave it just Dec.

Anyone know what backer number nethie from youtube is? He got his a few days ago and already posted a video. He said he wasnt expecting it so soon. I wonder if pimax gave him priority?

1 Like

read something that he isnt even a backer, not 100% sure though

Lol i sure hope thats not true. I think i remember hearing him say he was a backer in one of the videos he did with his roundtable collabs but now im not sure. Im sure someone will know.

I think you are right lol one of his videos i just watched he said he doesnt have one but if the guys at pimax would like to send him one he would like to review it. Thanks pimax for skipping your backers once again! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Who knows may have bought a pledge or headset on something like Ebay.

More likely they saw his almost half million subs and got wet. Mrtv and sweviver dont even have 40k combined lol

4 Likes

I am Backer Nr.379 and have no tracking nr. Nothing. For me, these are all lying. I wrote an email, which is the answer "Thanks for your response. We will ship the 5K+ headset to you asap and send you the tracking number via e-mail by then. Please be advised.
Have a nice day!. " Always the same stupid answer

2 Likes

Yea maybe if we were youtubers and didnt even back them we would have our headsets now

1 Like

Well, I dont have a tracking number either. But I believe it’s actually shipped. I doubt it will arrive before I leave for holiday on Dec21 though lol

Okay guys, are you really going to get upset if a company sends out a couple of headsets for marketing purposes and doesn‘t wait with that till the backers have all been served ?

You must be kidding me. Seriously, I really hope you are just joking.

7 Likes

Well when Nathie said just the other week he didnt back the kickstarter and the device doesn’t really interest him I can see why some might be fustrated after such a long antagonizing wait. They could’ve at least given one to Jack septic eye if they wanted exposure lol

1 Like

Nathie once told in a livechat he did not pre order a unit on kickstarter, i know because i asked him.

Exactly. And after trying one last week he wasn’t even interested in purchacing one…

They don’t think it’s within reach of their youtube followers requiring a lot more investment than most gamers are prepared or able to make , high end pc etc , I totally get that my sons won’t buy better pc’s just for wide fov vr and they have well paid jobs but different priorities

Thanks pimax for skipping us backers again, who knows to what extent exactly by now :+1:t2:

Pimax has once again ignored the backers, i almost wished i hadnt even asked about nathie. I just couldnt help but notice he got one already and i wasnt even sure he backed one in the first place.

2 Likes

It may not be smart to send him one if you think that he may have rather negative bias, but I would rather be upset if they only sent their headsets to those who they are sure will be giving them a positive review no matter what. If they trigger negative ones unnecessarily (well, as long as it is not a complete Vive/Rift fanboy who won‘t even open the Pimax box before publishing a damning review…), well, at least it gives a balanced picture to the users, doesn‘t it?

Remember LinusTech ? He was a bad idea according to some voices here too, and I felt that his review, though of course not exactly enthusiastic, did actually point out that the Pimax had a couple of points going for it, just needed more polish.

2 Likes

i do not care at all if he is a backer or not and if Pimax chose to sent him a headset ( pure speculation) think it would be a clever move.
1 or 10 headset won’t change a thing for me.

9 Likes