Production Update Discussions Jan 29/2019

Which we do appreciate. Thanks!

4 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/production-progress-update-dec-18-2018/9927/23

4 Likes

Any updates on 8k? Am 5118 and curious when youā€™ll start making them again.

4 Likes

@anon74848233 Could you please explain why your QA is bottlenecked to 1/3 of your production output? You are sitting on 1600 devices in your warehouse and only 68 HMDs shipped since last week. You havenā€™t improved your QA rate for several weeks now. Itā€™s super frustrating to see all the headsets sit in your warehouse waiting for QA. What is the problem?

6 Likes

Look around the recent forum posts and i think you will understand.

They stated before QA was the bottleneck, and now with recent problems QA needs to be slowed down, to be able to decrease the amount of defective units that slipps past QA.

2 Likes

@anon74848233
Thanks once more for keeping us updated! Looks pretty good man, production is reaching 800 a week almost, that puts things pretty well on schedule, awesome!
However (and I 've asked this a few times before) - could you give us some numbers on how many units the QA team is able to process per week? That still seems to be by far the biggest limiting factor atm.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand why with the current problems of the panels the 5k+ production is even ramped up, why not produce the 8k for a while and sort things out with the 5k+ panels?

2 Likes

Its not ramped up. Yesterday only 37 units of 5K+!

1 Like

Whatā€™s your backer number?

yes but the three days before 130 a day and no 8k sinds a few weeks i believe while the production of the 5k+ was ramped up

2 Likes

Lol, this is all because of 5K+ pandemia in our backers community.

2 Likes

yes i know, but my question is, with all the display problems why not solve it first, now there is a very high failurerate

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m an early pre order guy, not even a backer :confused:

2 Likes

Would you mean Pimax have to put the 5K+ on hold and start shipping only 8K?
Or would you mean Pimax have to ship 8K instead of 5K+ backer option?
Both of above will start the 3rd World War.

Anyway, seems that Pimax service support doesnā€™t imagine what awaits them in the near future.

2 Likes

not shipping, PRODUCING.
What is the point of shipping 3000 5k+ then get 1000 RMA,s and unhappy backers.
Or do you prefer just quantity?

3 Likes

So, what the point of producing 3000 8K if they have only (for example) have 500 of 8K backers and this quantity is already stored?

As a 8K backer 2779, of course, I prefer to get my headset ASAP and even earlier than all 5K backers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When did you pre order I did mine start of this month

That would be a smart move, it will give them time to sort things out with the 5k+ and then ship in a fair order.And Offcourse they will sell 3000 8kā€™s easely! But i understand you want your headset really bad :slight_smile: Everyone does but to go for quantity alone, with this issues, would easely destroy the company. I rather wait a bit longer and have a good headset allthough waiting is difficult for me also

3 Likes

Do you have a number?

there was a poll at the forum, it think it was 30-40% received headsets with hardware issues with 5k+

1 Like