Proceed to start flight simulator 2020

I have the Pimax 4k and i want to play the flight simulator 2020 but it doesn’t work. Which pitool do i have to install and how do I proceed to start it?

1 Like

Hello,
u got the pimax 4H and what controlleur do u have ?

1 Like

I have the Pimax 4k without controller.

2 Likes

U talk of this flight simulator :

i don’t have it

but if u headset work with pitool and u don’t have controlleur, he will work with no problem is VR ready

because my pimax 4k works good with steamVR

got only issues with my controller

what moment u got problem ?
what error u got ?

1 Like

I don’t have the Steam version.
This one: Microsoft Flight Simulator | Xbox
My headset is not recognized.

1 Like

i m french so i used the french version of this version u got :

i can’t found a VR headset support

i think this version don"'t have the support for headset VR, u have to use VorpX for that

or bought the Steam vr version, i supose not sure

sorry

1 Like

Check this topic might have a kind of solution

https://community.openmr.ai/t/importing-fs2020-gamepass-version-into-pe/34046?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

Try this from reddit no headset found.

1 Like

hope will work for u tell us :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have fs2020. But think it might be Interesting to get VorpX and try Flightgear in VR. (Flightgear Free Opensource)

1 Like

I also have the Microsoft store version.
To get it to work you have to start Steam and SteamVR first (even if you have the Microsoft store version) and when activating VR in game SteamVR will take it to VR.

2 Likes

My problem is that I can not put steam vr on the beta - SteamVR version. The Pimax has always been running with macos_beta - SteamVR Beta Update (macOS)
As soon as I put it on something else, it no longer works. I installed piplay 2.0.7.54. I didn’t get all other versions to work. One version ran under oculus7and8 but that doesn’t help me. I would like to know which Piplay version can be switched to beta-SteamVR beta update and then still works.
Until now everything had worked in macOS mode.

1 Like

If i swith to SteamVR beta i can see the steam home screen but when i start a game nothing happens on the pimax. I see always the steam home screen.

1 Like

Have you tried Pitool? As it has support for the 4k

As piplay is pretty old now there might nit be a piplay that will work best.

1 Like

MSFS2020 under MacOS?

2 Likes

Yes i tried Pitool. The same problem. It starts only on MacOS. And MSFS 2020 does not run under MacOS. Does anyone have a Pimax 4K with the steam running under beta-SteamVR beta?

1 Like

If your running MacOS that could be the root of the problem.

Have you seatched to see if others are able to run MSFS2020 on Mac in VR?

With Pimax 4k to run on MacOS you might have to see if OpenHmd is working with Mac as it has entry for p4K.

1 Like

Now it works. I reinstalled Steam and then it went after some trouble. First I installed PiToolSetup_1.0.2.087_v2. But then I only had a black screen. Restarted 20 times. Always black screen. Then I installed PiPlay_Setup_2.0.7.54_setup and after turning it off and on again 10 times I finally no longer had a blackscreen and the MFS2020 could be started and runs well with moderate graphics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.