Problem: Standby screen when hands at side of the HMD

Hi. I recently unpluged my HMD cable to try solve some flickering dots that occurs sometimes. This didn´t solve and originated another problem: everytime I put my hands in the lateral area of the HMD (like the natural movement to adjust HMD on the head), the screen fades out like it turn standby mode on. This never had happened before. I tried to reseat the cable, change USB port, reinstall Pimax software… any of this solved. I have two lighthouses 1.0 that is working well. I noticed if I turn lighthouses off in Pitools, this issue don´t happens. If someone have any idea that what is happening, please, answer this topic.

Thanks

Does it fade to grey? Because that means it lost tracking

5 Likes

Thats a known feature for the Pimax headset.
Maybe you could try re-position the basestations.

2 Likes

As Pimel mentioned, the screen fades because you lost tracking. More specifically, when you put your hands on/near the sides of the headset the trackers on the side of headset lose sight of the basestations.

EDIT: I know from personal experience. It happens to me all the time and I find it fairly annoying. The simple solution is to just adjust the headset by holding the front instead of the sides.

5 Likes

Yep, the sensors are placed in a very dumb way - most of them are on the protruding side, and basically nothing on the front.
You basically cover them all up when you’re adjusting your headset…

2 Likes