Special thanks to Armin from ArtArmin (developer or Board Games VR on Steam) which is now fully active in this project and has widely contributed to make Beta 0.50 possible. Armin is a good friend of mine for years and a highly skilled Unity-developer and full time programmer. Armin has volunteered to work on this project with me from now on. A big thanks to Armin for doing this - and please support Armin if you would like, here: https://www.patreon.com/artarmin/
Use PiTool version 220.127.116.114 (or later). PVRHome beta updates do NOT include PiTool anymore, because its not needed anymore.
Just get latest PiTool 18.104.22.1684 here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-1-0-1-264-beta/30809
And simply replace the content of PVRHome folder (read how-to below)
1. VR Mouse Interaction added! Full support for mouse interaction in VR, with 3D cursor and including features:
- Mouse Enabled ON/OFF
- Mouse Cursor: Arrow/Hands
- Mouse Cursor Size Adjustment slider
- Mouse Sensitivity/speed Adjustment slider
- Recenter mouse+view by clicking Middle Mouse button
- VR Mouse is ONLY possible with Window/Fullscreen mode (more about the modes below)
- In “Hidden” mode, VR Mouse is at this momment not supported (may be working in future)
- VR Mouse ON automatically enables Window mode on default
- VR Mouse locks the mouse to window if window mode is active. ALT+TAB to unlock mouse on Desktop.
- VR Mouse can be used simultanously with VR Controller laser
- VR Mouse does NOT work when Hand-Tracking mode is enabled (VR Moude is automatically disabled, and you can switch between the modes with just Mouse and Hand Tracking without using controllers at all)
- VR Mouse can be enabled on startup (dont forget to Save your Customize settings before you quit PE)
- VR mouse works with all UI Scale modes and scales sensitivity+size after UI Scale (can be manually changed)
- Scrolling pages with mouse scroller is NOT working yet. Drag the pages to scroll just like with VR controller laser, or use the scrollbars.
- Note: This Mouse mode is made to be used in VR. An additional Desktop-mouse mode with flat desktop view and normal mouse-interaction from Monitor-view will be added in future (as a separate feature).
- Note 2: Moving the entire UI with the top-bar MoveUI icon while using VR Mouse is not yet fixed (it works, but its too fast currently).
2. Desktop Monitor modes added! Thanks to a quite complicated window handler (due to the weird nature of how PiTool launches PE), the PE can now be used/launched in Window/Fullscreen modes as well as the Hidden On Desktop (default) mode. Switch modes at any time, whenever you are using VR controllers, hand tracking or VR Mouse. As mentioned above, window/fullscreen is required for mouse mode and will always be triggered if VR Mouse is enabled.
- Switch Desktop Resolutions modes at any time (window and fullscreen mode).
- Resolutions supported:
- FullScreen/Window Mode gives automatically focus to Mouse if VR Mouse mode is enabled
- You can now also quit PE by closing the Window, or ALT+F4 on the fullscreen
- You can switch between fullscreen/window not only in the UI, but also directly with ALT+Enter if in front of PC.
- The last Monitor mode AND resolution used (and saved) will be used upon next launch of PE.
- Changing between Window/Fullscreen has a delay of a half second, which is intentional and required because of the nature of the window handler.
- Window/Fullscreen mode does NOT conflict with game launcher and games in general.
3. Shutdown PC-option and Button is now added into “Quit” popup menu in bottom view, next to Reboot PC option and the others. This mode, just as Reboot PC, forces Windows to Quit, but also shuts down PC completely.
4. New optional Font added! Name: Elite Dangerous (real font name: Euro Caps). Font is restricted too Default size and Size -1 (the Size +1 is removed because it doesnt look good anyway when text is too large)
5. Hand Tracking Hand-model position and functionality further improved and corrected.
6. Many bugs fixed (for instance when changing UI Scale, when launching games, when changing settings etc.
7. HUGE amount of code and functions optimized and changed to the better and faster (this is only step 1 of the optimization coming up. A lot of the code will be improved and game-browsing will be made faster as step 2 in next builds)
- Install the PiTool 22.214.171.1244 (or later) here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-1-0-1-264-beta/30809
- Open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Go to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ and remove all content inside the folder.
- Copy all content from this ZIP/RAR and paste it into C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\
- In PiTool, go to Settings → General and ENABLE/CHECK “Start Pimax VR Home” to start the Pimax VR Experience
Pimax VR Experience should now start in the background and inside your Pimax VR headset.
The log is created every time you exit the application.
So to be able to read the log, exit Pimax VR Experience first, by:
- open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Click on the Quit button (bottom bar) in the Pimax VR Experience
The log file is called:
The previously created log is (previous instance of the application running):
The program appdata files, user settings file, favorites etc that are used by VR Experience are located in:
User Settings profile:
Game import-data profiles (SteamVR/VivePort/Revive/Imported) are located in:
Game import-data profiles (Oculus games only) are located in (temporary solution):
Game SETTINGS profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Favorites import-data profiles are located in:
SteamVR Optimization profiles for SteamVR/VivePort/Imported games are located in:
Thank you for helping out!
/ Martin, SweViver