Prescription Lens Adapters

A Pimax Prescription Lens Adapter to my knowledge are pretty much non-existant for Pimax HMDs. If they’re is some available, Where? The main VR lens makers don’t sell them.

I own a 8K X and need some Adapters as I’m short-sighted. I don’t want to wear glasses as I’m really afraid of scratching the Pimax lenses.

Any lens adapter solutions out there for the comfort gasket?

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA @PimaxVR

2 Likes

I always use glasses with them, no problems, but I found this and ordered one for me https://www.thinoptics.com/thinoptics-readers-anti-fog-lenses-face-mask

1 Like

If VRmust is still around they had some lens adapters for pimax.

Otherwise there are some community made 3dprintable solutions.

I own the VRMust prescription inserts, their solution takes up a fair amount of depth within the headset and resulted in a hard plastic edge pressed against the bridge of my (fairly standardly sized) nose. I then went with the VR FRames from VR Lens Lab instead. While they aren’t exactly a fashion piece, I now wear them whenever I’m at my PC and around the house more than my normal glasses. They are more comfortable with gaming headphones when in non-VR, and the blue light filter is great too.

2 Likes

Do the VR Frames fit inside the 8K X comfort kit and don’t scratch? @Plews They have enough clearance with the thinner gasket?

1 Like

yes, very low profile, doesn’t impede on FOV, and they have a strap instead of arms, meaning they don’t interfere with headphones AND I use them for things like canoeing as I don’t have to worry about losing them when I take a dunk…

1 Like

I use regular glasses with a strap to hold them back away from the lenses, I also have coated the lenses to make sure they are more protected.

2 Likes

These look really good! I think I’ll pick up a pair, they look good for wearing under snowboard goggles as well

2 Likes

Amazon.com: Liquid Glass Lens Protector Scratch Resistant Coating for All Camera Lenses Smartphone Cameras Eyeglasses and Sunglasses - Universal

I used this on my 5k Plus and 8KX after I scuffed my 5k plus with glasses (much closer than the 8KX) and I had to buff out the scuffs. This makes cleaning much easier (follow directions).

2 Likes

@Sidekick1 Thanks for sharing the coatings. There’s so many different types out there. I found a couple more with varying levels of price. What are the differences?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CV3P8RC/?coliid=I2MDHQ8B68S9VG&colid=V5YIEGMUHLID&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XCYVBSC/?coliid=I1R9WNN01VYU2T&colid=V5YIEGMUHLID&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1 Like

based on how many applications I believe — I have several friends who have also used the one I listed - all based on the same stuff pretty much.

1 Like

How many applications was required with the type you used. @Sidekick1

I applied to my 5k Plus and 8KX once – but you could do more than one application if needed. I found one application worked just fine.

Keeping this thread alive as I’m still seeking a solution.

1 Like

I have 8KX, G2, Index, Quest 1, Quest 2, etc. I work in VR industry and wear glasses. The first part of my solution has been a pair of glasses purchased especially for VR use. They have a low horizontal width, to allow easy fit on low FOV VR headsets, and have a ‘memory titanium’ frame* (sounds expensive, but actually one of the cheapest types of frames). This is that twist memory material that allows multiple times on/off of headset without breaking the frames. Frameless actually looks better but the stems and bridge are attached to the lenses and are thus less durable.
Then, for all my headsets on first set up I use a clear phone screen protector which I hand cut to shape: Amazon.com
With the protector on I can’t tell any picture degradation, nor anyone I share the headsets with. Better don’t worry at all how close to the lenses I get as they and glasses can’t get scratched. Before discovering this solution I found that some glasses were getting as scratched up by VR use as the VR headset lenses were.

2 Likes

@infiniteya When applying the screen protection film was there any problems with dust?

1 Like

I actually went to an optometrist about this.
She recommended the same glasses as she sold to firefighters.
and these are… rather nice, fit correctly (in the headset) and ive even fallen asleep on them.
(without a problem)

1 Like

1 Like

No. Just wipe down the lenses and apply the plastic film. It’s just like applying them on phone. I do it in the bathroom to minimize dust. The most difficult part is trimming. I use a paper which I trim to get the exact lens shape and then use that as a template on the clear lens material. You have to pull off the plastic cowl first to apply

2 Likes

Interesting, I 3D print TPU for flexible parts. The only thing I would want to see vs the coatings is the AR (anti-reflection) as the coatings really help with scattered light reflections. Interesting . . .

1 Like