Please upvote requests for VRChat to fix two major issues for Pimax headsets because of EAC

Please upvote this Canny entry:

VRChat arbitrarily has a max resolution on mirrors which is much too low for Pimax headsets. Because of how this interacts with wide FOV, mirrors can become heavily pixelated to the point of uselessness. There is a mod which fixes this by just upping the max resolution, but VRChat has just made the highly controversial decision to block all mods including beneficial ones by implementing Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC).

I realize that not everyone considers mirrors to be important. There is even a contingent of people who actively make fun of “mirror dwellers”. But for many people, mirrors in VRChat are very important, and this is often misunderstood. I have FBT, and I have phantom touch. I need to be able to see it in order to feel it. I’m not staring into a mirror for vanity. I’m using mirrors to make up for the limitations of current VR gear. If VRChat does not fix this issue, I will be forced to stop using my 8KX and go back to the Index.

Please show solidarity with your fellow Pimaxians who use VRChat by pushing the VRChat devs to fix this issue whether or not it affects you personally. Thank you!

5 Likes

+1.
EAC is not about security. It’s about profit, subscriptions, and ads。。

1 Like

EAC turns out to cause a second issue for Pimax headsets as well. It blocks foveated rendering from working anymore. This is an important feature particularly for VRChat because it’s such a GPU intensive application which struggles to achieve good frame rates on high resolution VR headsets. This already impacts running VRChat on the 8KX, but it has even larger implications for running VRChat on the upcoming 12K.

So please upvote this canny, too:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.