Please, I'm asking for help with my 8k +

For the 8k+ , I have seen that PiTool 1.5 and less Steam (i use 44%) bring a better picture and less CPU load.

1 Like

I wanted to give you all an update and also express my gratitude for all you input and help. Thank you all! Special thanks to Culver9, nyajigon22, Teigue and dstar. I used a combination of all the info you passed me using Culver’s info as a baseline. I tried to figure out what each item was and how it worked in the ini file. The picture has come to a very nice spot. And, you’re right Culver, 55 fps works fine. I have most everything on high detail and still pulling 53 to 55 fps. Clean and smooth!
The cars I’m with are very clear when close. They do lose quality as they are further away. I suspect this is normal. Tried multiple things to help to no avail. Still very happy with headset!
Base stations still don’t work. I’m getting on with another pimax rep Monday to see if they can help.
Thank you all again very much! I did a lot of research before I purchased this and one of the reasons I bought was I could see how much the community supports new owners. So, from all of us newbs, gracias!
Bryan

5 Likes

I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

One more thing I forgot to mention before.
When using Smart Smoothing ON, you can set higher value of “GPU Catalyst” option in Pitool. When smartsmoothing is off, I can set catalyst max to 1 but when smartsmoothing is ON, I can set catalyst to 6 or 7. It will give you extra 5-10fps so you can set even higher supersampling :slight_smile:

**Always set gpu catalyst to 0 when you close or restart your PC. Then when you open your pitool you have to set catalyst again. The new version of pitool will solve this problem but for now you have to remember about it :slight_smile:

See you on a track :+1:

Have you tried what was suggested here wrt switching the tracking type to 9-axis and back?

1 Like

Thank you! yes, I believe I have tried every combination in every order. We’ll see what the Pimax rep can do. I think the base stations are defective in some way. We will find out.
Thanks again!

Awesome! I wasn’t sure what the gpu catalyst was, so I left it alone. I’ll work with it today. Thanks for everything!

Keep increasing GPU Catalyst value +1 until picture became unstable (stutter, black freezes). Nothing wrong can happen, it’s not overclocking so feel free to even start from level 10 and go lower :wink: When you set it too much, just lower value one level down and press APPLY :slight_smile:

BTW did you try connect basestation to your PC with USB cable?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.