Please help! Who use PS Move for Positional Tracking?

Please! Who use PS Move and PS Camera for positional tracking (with PSMoveService). How you do it?

1 Like

I canā€™t help but that sounds interesting. Iā€™m waiting on my headset and Iā€™m willing to try that in order to gain positional tracking. At least until the Pimax team gets something developed and ready.

Well you can combine pseye with a software namely ā€˜freetrackā€™ which would allow you to capture all head movements including leaning but the main question is how to intrigate it with pi max and vr games, there must be a software or something

There is a easy tutorial: Headtracking with PS move! DIY VR EP 6 Finale! (DIY HTC Vive) (DIY Oculus rift) - YouTube

I would suggest buying four ps3 eye cameras 5 dollar each + three ps move controllers this should cost about 90 dollars altogether, then u should be able to play Tilt Brush and other titles on SteamVR!

Iā€™d done experimenting with kinect (v1) for roomscale VR on unity (using kinect SDK free asset), goodluck, itā€™s work pretty well. I just attached a camera on the kinect rigging but it is swifted left to right. Iā€™m finding out how to set mirror to kinect sensor. Anyway itā€™s allow me to walk in about 2x2 sqm area.

Video for phone! not for pimax[quote=ā€œpinate, post:5, topic:404, full:trueā€]
Iā€™d done experimenting with kinect (v1) for roomscale VR on unity (using kinect SDK free asset), goodluck, itā€™s work pretty well. I just attached a camera on the kinect rigging but it is swifted left to right. Iā€™m finding out how to set mirror to kinect sensor. Anyway itā€™s allow me to walk in about 2x2 sqm area.
[/quote]
you have 360 degree positional tracking? or only 180?

Sorry, Iā€™m not sure the dif. between 360/180, but I can walk around an object in the ~ 2mx2mx1m.space, looking down/under it and jumping as well (if thatā€™s 360 degree meaning to you).

Hmm. No news on positional tracking with a psmove controller? Perhaps @crony has found at least someway to do this. It would sure be nice to actually crouch or lean in games such as Onward.

Riftcat/Vridge falls short as it only works for phones. Does anyone know how to make the Psmove FreePieBridge emulate the Vive lighthouse or Oculus tracking?

While its great to see the some people on the forum try to understand the issues with the Pimax beta software, positional tracking seems to be overlooked here. Yes, I know Nolo is around the corner, but that is another $100 dollars to drop. For those who have the equipment and motion controls already, can anyone help here?