Please have some patience with us, we are working entire days on the project! :)

Hey guys!

Sorry for the past days not being as active in the forums as before. This is because me and Armin are sitting day and night doing some major changes to the code and the Unity project. The changes will affect and improve everything from performance to stability and also new features. Lots have been done already, but theres some things that still will require some time before all pieces comes together.

Armins changes will really make the entire project more simple to work with, so when all this is done, we will finally put full efforts again into adding new features.

We hope to have a next version 0.6 or whatever up and available later this week, but no promises made yet. It will not only improve performance and fix a lot of issues, but also include the command line argument (profile) feature Im working on.

Either way, I hope you now understand the reason why there havent been any updates for almost a week now. The big changes in the Unity project requires a lot of time and efforts, but once that is done, the progress of adding new features will go back to normal pace again.

41 Likes

I think everyone whom has been involved in the beta or is aware of your efforts. Will understand. You have exceeded standards in the number of releases in a short time then most projects out there already!

Keep up the fantasic work!

There is a pm with @Cdaked if you can check when you have a moment.

14 Likes

You’ve done an amazing job and I’m sure .6 will be great.

17 Likes

As others have said, Armin and you are doing a great job. The PE is a game changer when it comes to ease of use in VR. Keep up the good work gentlemen

14 Likes

I have to say the current version is freaking awesome. For only being a 0.5 beta, you two have really done a great job for the Pimax community. Looking forward to future releases!

12 Likes

O Boy! More bug squashing! Git your boots out, boys, it’s almost bug stompin’ time! Personally, I’m gonna use hand tracking to poke one in the eye!
Awesome work, guys!!

6 Likes

Yeah I’d like to echo the above sentiments. You guys are doing an extremely good job. The time tables are completely reasonable and you haven’t gone “dark” on us. Those are all wins in my book.

Honestly, 0.5 is working perfectly for me. I haven’t really experienced any of the slow downs except when switching between game providers and the one lurch on load. Neither of which are deal breakers.

You’ve made my headset far more usable and I applaud you guys for it!!

9 Likes

I think you and our men are doing a great job keep up the good work and I await more updates patiently.

2 Likes

I had serious doubts about yet-another-thing-TM clogging up the user experience, but not having to take off the HMD between SteamVR shutdowns, to change PiTool settings, is a godsend, and the application loads fast enough, so great job, guys! Can’t wait to try it with hand tracking. :slight_smile:

Here’s hoping there will be no succumbing to feature creep and other forms of bloat. :7

3 Likes

Please do some guide & tools to setup IPD & aligment (tilting as well) + eye relief value, if possible with optional eye tracking support. This so badly needed for community, tons of users.
@SweViver @arminelec , it’s much more needed than video player or desktop viewer (steam vr’s one can be used atm) but IPD is a pain.

I guess nobody will blame you if it will be meh feature, at least on start so we will be able to test & propose some ideas how to improve it.

Also would be great to have a tool to place object in VR space for IRL / VR objects comparison to fine tune scale of world + eye strain free image.

And some rectangles or horizontal & vertical lines across the whole large field of view to adjust distortions as well & some guidance how to do it,

And yes open the source code & publish on github so other devs can open merge request & support PE as well. At least other experienced users will be able to compile different builds & share with comunity

3 Likes

I have eye pro eye, even if it’s not canted HMD & it’s more easier to implement i has really handy adjustment overlay tool:

It tracks your eyes & shows indicator where is to put your HMD (vertically / horizontally) + how to dial IPD knob

I guess first step will be to have a button by clicking on what you will be in image view mode & it will let you to adjust HMD accordingly. + some popup with text guidance.

2 Likes

@SweViver Glad to hear everything is proceeding. The last thing I recall seeing from you was that you were feeling unwell - not good to hear at the moment.

2 Likes

Now that its in public beta Its probably ok that you arent doing nightly releases. I’m ok with this.

I’d prefer weekly updates over buggy minor releases. Unless its a hotfix to fix a major bug.

3 Likes