Please Fix Oculus Mode for Automobilista 2 and Project Cars 2 (AMS2, PC2) - Workaround But Performance Gone

I am Playing AMS2 and ACC alternating.

AMS2 works in PP but it would really be awesome to get rit of the PP and get more FPS and or eyecandy!

I cant agree more. Is there anything in the AMS Forum going that way?

1 Like

Wait, are some of you indicating that Project Cars 2 isn’t working properly with later versions of PiTool regardless of whether or not you are trying the Oculus method? That never really worked for me so I’ve been running Project Cars 2 with PP on and haven’t updated PiTool in a very long time now. I don’t want to update if it’s going to break Project Cars 2.

Well, in short we need PP now…

I’m now kind of confused between having PP on and off. When I turn it on, I expect something like 45fps but I never get that? I get 90fps instead or below 90fps like 85fps…it never drop to 45fps. So what’s the deal?

sounds like you have auto-resolution enabled in steamvr, so you wouldnt see a fps drop with pp enabled but instead you’d see a resolution drop and see a softer image

1 Like

Nope, I didn’t have auto resolution enabled.

Sounds like what You’re after is (PiTool) Smart Smoothing (aka Motion Smoothing in SteamVR). If it can’t make 90 FPS it gives You 45 fps and synthetic frames up to 90.

Without that turned on You will get as many frames as it can deliver (unlike in other headsets where that’s not an option as far as I’m aware).

Nope, smart smoothing didn’t turn on in Pitool.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.