Playing The Best VR Racing Sims on the StarVR One - Plus improved resolution tweak

Have you made or seen tests on that? I would so much love to see SLI and co come up again!
It would have been ideal to drive each panel with a dedicated GPU or what ever approach renders best.
Its a shame CrossFire and SLI are left dead.

Only Game I ever saw that really took advantage was Strange Brigade and Serious Sam - both not really much my deal. So it would be very interesting to see what it can do with the StarVR One!

I have not purchased a second RTX 2080TI. Frankly speaking, not sure if I will, unless later down the line once they are heavily discounted. I’d imagine that you will have better frame rates and able to push more SS.

1 Like

It seem SteamVR latest update screwed with the ability to read my Pimax, Oculus, StarVR One. Only the Index boots up.

Facepalm with Valves latest update

1 Like

Sure not something you just do, just thought you might have seen some figures as somebody might have tried it.

Did you install any applications? Try uninstalling pitool. Even having it installed conflicted with the audio driver showing up on StarVR One

1 Like

I’d be very interested in hearing from any of you with dual GPUs whether or not your getting significant performance improvements and much better framerates with a second card. Does the game need to be tweaked in order for it to allow the StarVR One to take advantage of the two gpus?

StarVR is not made to take advantage of two GPU’s, even the schematics that are floating around somewhere shows both DisplayPort cables plugged into the same card.

To get multi gpu rendering you’d either need to have sli or crossfire or the application developers (not amd, not nvidia, not pimax, and not whoever makes the StarVR and not microsoft) has to take advantage of multi gpu support on DX12 or Vulcan and sadly no-one but Ashes of the Singularity and a few others has done that.

If there’s any evidence out there to the contrary I’d love to see it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.