Playing all your 2D movies in 3D

So i found this on reddit.
I hope this thing becomes real, because i do love watching 3d movies with my hmd´s

This could be the thing i searched for years.
I just want to share it, because there may be some interest , here and there.

2 Likes

There is also bino 3d player. It has been out for years.

https://bino3d.org/

You can even watch 3d with anaglyph glasses.

Will need to checkout your find.

Pimax during p4k days in piplay at one time used a modified Kodi fork? to watch videos.

1 Like

I miss this feature!

2 Likes

I think the Kodi vr thing is still around.

2 Likes

Does Bino3d does what i want, convert all my 2d movies into 3d ? That is what this thing above does ?
If so i will try that one.

1 Like

It does for viewing. But if your looking for converting and saving? Not that I have seen.

But you csn watch any 2d video in 3d and have your choice of a variety of 3d modes from Anaglyph glasses (2 color), sbs, checkerboard etc…

You can adjust 3d effect iirc like parallax

Kind of basic but here is there manual that covers using comnandline.

• -i, --input modeSet input mode (mono, top-bottom, top-bottom-half, bottom-top, bottom-top-half, left-right, left-right-half, right-left, right-left-half, alternating-left-right, alternating-right-left).
  • -o, --output modeSet output mode (left, right, stereo, alternating, red-cyan-dubois, red-cyan-full-color, red-cyan-half-color, red-cyan-monochrome, green-magenta-dubois, green-magenta-full-color, green-magenta-half-color, green-magenta-monochrome, amber-blue-dubois, amber-blue-full-color, amber-blue-half-color, amber-blue-monochrome, red-green-monochrome, red-blue-monochrome, even-odd-rows, even-odd-columns, checkerboard).

https://bino3d.org/bino-manual.html

It doew have gui. the above just shows some comandline showing input output.

I will install it again and verify with maybe sone ss of the interface.

Short youtube video. More of a basic intro.

Also has some info

2 Likes

It does makes sbs and half sbs or OU but i cant not see any 3d effect on the picture.
Im not on linux here so i use the gui ^^

1 Like

My apologies haven’t redownloaded it. The command line I posted was due to the limited documentation. Last time I ran it was the gui. The command line is more for scripting. Iirc I believe you can use that in part to add this to Kodi?

Are you using it in VR or a 3d monitor? Haven’t tried it in VR so may need to find more info on that side of things.

hello
I did try different things on some movies other stuff seems to work better than with other i did try Virtual desktop on it.
I managed to get 1 movie out of 5 to 3d, superdepht companion app seems also to be a good idea here, needs more testing,thou.
I did also not invest much time , this time, because i do like open brush atm ^^
Time is like always limited.I want to do more testing later in the week.

oh ! so i got it working by now , thank you.

So i did try the software, by buying it (Stream to 3d) i did convert 2 movies by now, with good quality results in state of the art algorythms :slight_smile: , i do like the programm so far, they also offer a free trial ( but i bought the offline version)

I am the creator of Stream to 3D. It doesn’t just play 3D videos, it converts 2D videos to 3D in real-time and can also do offline conversion. This thread seems to have got the wrong idea. There is a one week free trial. See here:

3 Likes

Your program definitely looks good. Especially since you save the conversion.

I am sure your familiar with Bino3d player as it has been around for sometime.

It also like yours converts in realtime but does not create a saved version. Bino3d player does however support pretty much all 3d modes from Anaglyplh(red/blue, Magenta/?), Checkerboard, side by side, Top down etc…

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Hello

it does, but you actually need the offline version of the product.
I do it only like that.
I was able to convert my movies to 60 fps, you also can do this up to 120.For me 60 fps is good for video, so i did archive some of my movies, convert them and put them to the quest that i can enjoy the movies mobile.

The trial version does not have that feature afaik.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.