piTools feature resquest : FFR with even more agressive settings!

Hi ! FFR is working well on Rfactor 2. I use the agressive setting with my pimax 5k+ With SS 1.0, AA x1, and it’s barely noticeable.

I think it would be interesting to have something like twice as hard. It would start to be noticeable, but it could save frame rate.
I am now testing the 144Hz firmware, but 144fps are hard to reach :slight_smile:

Wow. Personally, I find that FFR on Conservative is highly visible to me (in Elite D). I like the framerate improvement a lot, but it’s really distracting, the way stuff shimmers at the edges of your vision. I guess it might depend on the types of games you play.

2 Likes

Yeah probably ! ********

1 Like

Also, I do prefer FFR over Smart Smoothing, which has a weird warping effect sometimes. Since the artifacts aren’t constant, SS has a tendency to suddenly break my feeling of immersion.

Is there a way for me to add a small fps counter through steamvr to be visible inside hmd like on a monitor? If not can pimax add feature like that please.

use program fpsVR. fpsVR on Steam

4 Likes

I would like FFR for my 1080Ti. I know that this is an exclusive feature of the newest generation, but strangely enough the game “contractors” for example managed to offer FFR for my graphics card.

2 Likes

FFR really depends on people. To me, FFR is a pain in the a$$: any setting, any game I always see it in my peripheral vision and annoys me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.