Pitool v1.01.0.1.277 has caused SteamVR faiure

If it helps, I received my new 8K X DMAS about ten days ago. It would not reliably track my Index Base Station. I have had no problems with my 8K Plus. I had several email exchanges with Pimax tech support who were quick to engage After many tests we proved that it would only track if I unplugged all HMD plugs, wait 30 secoinds, then re-plug it although sometimes I had to reboot then re-plug. Sometimes the PC would lock up when trying different things. I have been asked to return it and they will send me the 8K X KDMAS which they believe witll solve the problem. Iā€™m pretty techie but I donā€™t know what the technical reasoning is for the exchange. Meanwhile I am back to my 8K Plus with no Base Station issues and realising how much sharper the X is :frowning:

I tried these tests with both .277 and .275, same result with both on the 8K X.

Iā€™ll feed back when I get the KDMAS.

Initial reports and those whom were testing it prior to release? Wait it was/is not ready for release in my xp and opinion.

As it is not on the main site. Likely an overzealous release in the cloud.

I did update to 277. (279 not available to me).
All seams ok. I think 277 fixed the hidden area mask for ā€œpistil whipā€ (from steamVR: rounded corners) but only that one.

Any ideas on hidden area mask? (is this a new topic or related to pitool)
For me not working (from steamVR fills the rectangle/oblong)
Project Cars 2
Project Cars 3
DCS world 2.5
(I should make a more definitive list)

My PiTool has recognized a new version, too, but this time, I did not install it:

Once again, no release notes anywhere - even now, three or four days later :unamused:
And I fear, it still will break again during installation due to the Guillemot-Bugā€¦

.277 might not be the most best version (compared to i.e. 2.70) - but it works. Never change a running team. At least without further information.

1 Like

Sorry iā€™m late to this conversation. 1st Iā€™m using a 5K super and and when I 1st downloaded update to 277 It kept crashing and kept telling me that It didnā€™t install properly. So I went back down to 275. After that I kept freezing up in Steam VR And would have to shut down steam VR and pitool and reload it. Then it might work for half an hour or so and then freeze up again. So I updated back to 277 and kept getting steam VR did not load properly and wanted to shut down, so I could see that steam VR was running so I would just cancel it, and after I canceled it, it would run fine which is weird and I have to cancel it each time.

2 Likes