Pitool v1.0.1.274 Beta

@Heliosurge Too true, too true! This has been asked a couple of times, without answer, but I agree: now is not the time.
Happy New Year! :tada:

1 Like

Keep in mind it is the holidays. Everyone needs a break from work.

Happy New Year!

12 Likes

Seem to not have any issues with the new PItool. I haven’t done a check for firmware update via PiTool and instead just left it at the version I had already.

So far so good. 8K-X maturing nicely LOL

This year I get a GPU to really push the capabilities of it.

2 Likes

What’s the last known good combo of Pitool and Firmware? Steam keeps losing the headset it’s very frustrating.

1 Like

I had good luck with 270 and the separate FW 198(?) which was posted as a separate link at the same time (NOT the FW which shipped with PiTool 270). Unfortunately, the latest FW doesn’t seem to work with 270. (PiTool can’t detect the headset.)

I’m using the latest PiTool, but it is frustrating. I keep having to reinstall PiTool, so that SteamVR can detect the headset.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m sorry that this version didn’t fix the previous SteamVR issue, but I’ve discussed with the team. They’re working out to debug and develop a new version that could possibly sort this out.
And for sure with the correct working firmware.

4 Likes

Hello,

I’ve checked the schedule, the next Pitool should be release by end of this month.

8 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!
Here’s hoping that they fix the firmware issue this time, without introducing new problems, lol!

By the way, in general, thank you for your help! We may not sound like it but we do appreciate your efforts and the efforts of your co-workers! :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks Neal. Will try that out.

2 Likes

:thinking: I’ll wait for more experiences and info from (brave) testers.
Still in 272 - working fine. (never change a running system) :wink:

8 Likes

Does this fix the 1/3 frame-rate issues? I don’t think it’s overstating things to say that if I can’t use 1/2 frame-rate while also disabling 1/3 frame-rate my next HMD likely won’t be a Pimax. It’s just that bad, and no matter how good the HMD is, if the software driving it is that flawed it renders the quality of the HMD moot. The 1/3 frame-rate is unusably bad, and the fact that it automatically kicks-in means that I can’t even use 1/2 frame-rate smoothing currently - I’ve had to reconfigure every title to make sure that I can run the title without motion-smoothing, meaning I’m running many titles at lower quality. I’m sure that wasn’t the intent with 1/3 frame-rate, so please, either remove it completely or allow us to dictate that 1/3 frame-rate will never be used for motion-smoothing, only 1/2.

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra, please pass the above “1/3 framerate disable” request to the development team. Thanks!

3 Likes

Let’s ‘pretend’ (cough cough) that I do not know the process for sending that request to the development team. If such were the case, might you be willing to explain the process?

3 Likes

I just mark it for @ PimaxQuorra’s attention and ask nicely. He does the rest. :slight_smile:

Sometimes I also ask @ hammerhead_gal, if it’s important/urgent.

4 Likes

Hello,

Yes, I’ve forwarded this to the Pitool team during the last meeting. They will consider the request or maybe come out with something better.

3 Likes

Great, thank you! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s good to hear that they are aware of the issue.

2 Likes

Great job Pimax, your Beta basically bricked my HMD. Updated Pitool and then Pitool tried to update 8KX firmware only to fail 3x in a row. Restart the PC and now 8KX status LED is flashing red to green to blue. Only compelling reason to update is because the Tundra Trackers I received a few days ago refused to be seen / cooperate with 8KX properly.

1 Like

I’ve been using the 274 beta with an 8KX and 3 Tundra trackers + SW7 dongle. So far so good for me!

4 Likes

In the future, will it be still possible to install only driver/pitool, without PE? Will it be possible to de-select it during setup?

2 Likes