Pitool on Steam?

So Cybershoes just put their software on steam. Before this downloading and updating new software was a matter of downloading it from their sketchy dropbox account. I am happy i don’t have to hunt down their software now

This got me thinking, I would love Pitool software and drivers to be available via steam. This would allow us to keep up to date with the software and opt into and out of beta’s

@SweViver @PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra what do you think of this?

While we are on the topic of steam, if you do this it could also install a PiTool dash icon in steamVr. because I was noticing that there are quite a few options in pitool that you can adjust in realtime such as fov width and brightness and contrast.

Cybershoes Steam Page

15 Likes

An excellent idea if it were something that would work. It only costs what, $100 to publish an app? Can it install the necessary dlls and whatnot?

2 Likes

Valve just added Oculus Quest in their database (icons and monthly survey) and still not Pimax. If Pimax give them 100$, they would really be stupid ^^

I don’t know if that is how that works…:upside_down_face:

So why a headset wich wasn’t originally planned to be linked on a PC like the Quest is officially recognized after 3 months (I count link beta) and Pimax headsets still not after 1 year?
What’s the problem with steam?

I think Pimax said in the passed that a headset needs to have over a certain amount of users for it to be recognized. They said they should be able to hit that threshold by the end of the year.

2 Likes

Even huawei VR has enough users.

Even the Oculus DK1 is on there… lol

Be careful what you wish for…

I guess there are relatively few Pimax around, it’s not good advertising being 0.00% in the Survey.

1 Like

I don’t believe Huawei VR has more users than Pimax.

@mmorselli Indeed, but you can’t reach 0.00% (at least 0.01% like Huawei) and most of all, it means you’re recognized by Steam (and the impact toward new consumers is bigger).

1 Like

Hello Drowhunter,

Thank you so much. Our team is working out on this topic, hopefully they are able to spark it with Valve. We do know, if Pitool is available on Steam, users will feel much more easier on the updating/installing procedure.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

Definetely, as it would making pushing out updates pretty seamless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.