Pitool Motion Cancellation

As far as I know the Pitool MC is based on the OVRIE, or is pretty much the same.

As many of you know, there is a new version with many updates, and new options it is OVRMC. And Pimax likes to give options and different configuration tools.

Many Pimax users are simmers, and we are having many problems with the Pitool Motion Cancellation, first, there is no option to reorientate and recenter the view, and second, there is no filter to avoid the vibrations.

The new OVRMC versions have it both, you can reorientate and recenter the view, so you can place the tracker or controller anywhere you want on your simulator.

And there is a slide from zero to one, where zero absorbs all you vibrations and one is raw tracking. And this is a huge improvement.

Would be very nice and convenient to implement at least these two options in the Pitool MC and Pimax Experience.

Here is the link of the software;

https://ovrmc.dschadu.de/en/Download

Many thanks,

@Alex.liu @SweViver @PimaxVR

8 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m waiting for it too! Since most Software doesnā€™t work right with Pimax HMDs.

2 Likes

+1 same reasons ā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Yes we need this (YawVR owner here).

1 Like

As per the most recent version, OVRMC finally works really well using a tracker together with a Pimax HMD.

Itā€˜s not just that it allows for a better orientation of the Tracking device, being able to adjust dampening for shaker induced vibrations is an absolute godsend!

1 Like

Thatā€™s really great it finally works with Pimax.

Can you please explain how?

Iā€™ve tried it with tracker, dongle, vive wands and index. I select the tracker and activate the motion.
I get some movement in the headset when I move the tracker but totally wrong, I get a lot of distortions on the fov and ham, itā€™s like if the virtual word was duplicated, it was the same with OVRIE.

Please can you explain how did you get it to work?

I installed version 0.3.4 (I believe, the most recent one anyways). I launch SteamVR via PiTool, then turn on the tracker, then I execute the cmd file in the OVRMC directory that allows for desktop control of MC, I select the tracker as tracking reference and enable MC.

On previous versions this didnā€™t work at all as rather than compensating my rigā€˜s motion, OVRMC exaggerated it, so the exact opposite. Never had any visual issues though.

It now works flawlessly for me, just like on the Index.

1 Like

Cool, I think I missed the part of the cmd file, with Index it works without using it, Iā€™ll try it again. Thank you!

I hope that Pimax improve his own MC and we can use it directly from the Experience though, and that steam stop f-ing it with his updates, our hardware is not worth it without this software

No luck for me, I allways end up with this, when I move the tracker/controller this is what hapens ;

How do you have paired the tracker, via USB, dongle, bluetooth? IN Pitool or in SteamVR?

Via the included USB dongle. And paired via SteamVR.

Ok that is terrible.

Iā€™ve it paired with the dongle as well, but in Pitool, if I try to pair it via SteamVR I got the message; looking for VR hardware and nothing happens, it only works with the Index connected.

So with Pimax connected you select Pair new device in SteamVR and you pair the tracker there?
Hmm probably thatā€™s what I have manage to do.
And the tracker appears on Pitool as well or only in SteamVR?

Yes, that is correct.

No matter what I do, if I have Pimax conected and try to pair new device from steam i got this message;

I have the Pimax headset and the dongle connected.

If I have the index connected I can pair all the devices I want, any idea?

It seems the bluetooth in SteamVR is only available when Index hmd is connected

Pairing the controller / trackers to the headset / dongle, does not use BT. BT is only needed for ā€œotherā€ management (i.e. lighthouse power and channel management).

Yes Iā€™ve read it, so a new tracker only can be paired to the headset via Pitool, not SteamVR

Then I donā€™t know why Iā€™m getting this weird effect with OVRMC, maybe itā€™s not compatible, but it seems to work with others, any idea of suggestion?

This is the filter for Motion Compensation, it reduces all the vibrations inside the HMD;

LPF value, and DEMA sample

@Alex.liu @SweViver @PimaxVR

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.