PiTool is semi-transparent

Yesterday I received my pimax 5k+. Really nice I got it at last. I would like to help other backers who haven’t got lighthouses. After installing pitool I couldn’t see anything more than light in the hmd. After trying different displayports and usb it wasn’t that problem. I had just to disable the lighthouse option in pitool and then I could see games and it worked ok.
Today my pitool software is like semi-transparent and I can’t use it properly. I have uninstalled it and install it again but the issue is still there. What’s the matter with that graphic corruption? How can I fix it?
Many thanks.

2 Likes

Have you got afterburner installed? Rivatuner?

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help me. I have afterburner.

1 Like

This does not look exactly like the problems I had with afteburner and pitool however it wont hurt to try and close afterburner and then restart pitool. (rightclick tray icon and quit)

1 Like

Mine has been the same for 3 weeks every version I tried has done this, fresh windows install, no other apps do it lol

2 Likes

Well didn’t they promise transparency lol

@Alan.sun @Sean.Huang maybe able to help

8 Likes

That’s a good one. Yesterday I had afterburner and pitool was ok. I don’t think that a fresh install is a solution. Everything works and the games as well. It is only the pitool corruption semi-transparent. I had to put a black image behind to be able to set whatever thing in pitool.

2 Likes

perhaps try turning off “Show on-screen display” in rivatuner. see if that help.

1 Like

I have neither installed, no other apps do it, I stopped caring weeks ago and just live with it :wink:

1 Like

It didn’t work. I think that is a flaw of pitool that pimax has to fix.

1 Like

@vicentelip

Tks for your feedback!

Received,please help send me the pitool log by sean.huang@pimaxvr.com, and RD will analyse it.

Pitool-help-export log

2 Likes

I have sent it. Thank you for your work and for making this awesome hmd.

3 Likes

Have you run the version update?

1 Like

I have reinstalled .91 and .95, the latest, and with both I have the same issue. Yes, I ran the version update.

1 Like

I recommend to contact the support first to update some firmware in the device.
While waiting, you can try these step.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-solve-disconnect-or-not-tracked-of-headset-base-station-controller-randomly-image-follow-head-although-not-use-base-station-pitool-91/11776

I had this problem, fixed by booting to safe mode, removing graphics driver with DDU and then reinstall graphics driver and reboot

I have afterburner, why?

I think the OSD from rivatuner installed when you install afterburner messes with the pitool.

Anyway I cant replicate it, I used to have wierd pitool images too but it’s all normal since, I cant remember what I have done to fix it

Thanks for the idea but I think it’s a problem of pimax software, not my nvidia driver. Everythings works well in my computer even the hmd in all the games. It’s only this annoying semi-transparent issue with pitool. The solution has to come from pimax and with a pitool software update without that bug that some of us are having.

For the people who have afterburner. I had afterburner and pitool was working ok. It was the second day with my pimax hmd when happened.