PiTool Disconnected: Diagnose(10600) error

I get the 10500 error @anon74848233 the latest Pi tool 1.03 R191 is what I installed and updated it then flashed it. Now it just sits there flashing lights…
Its effectively dead…Pimax if it cant be easily fixed please send me a replacement and how you want this one back. Only used it once… :cry:

hey I’m backer #6135. I just received my 5K+ in the mail and I’m getting the 10600 error. I’ve tried a few things in other treads and this but nothing is working. Ive tried uninstalling pitool and deleting appdata files then reinstalling. trying other versions. flashing firmware. nothing seems to work.

I still use the disconnect reconnect method. Working so far. Just really annoying obviously. Pimax 10600 Fix

I have 10500 error in pitools and the 8k does not turn on, the led is not of any color and there is no image, it gives me an error of usb. please help me

If there’s no colour on the headset led (and You did press the power button) it sounds like a faulty power supply.

but the sound butons up and down works in windows , I am waitng pimax contact with me

1 Like

It could still be that it didn’t get enough power.

Good… :+1:

1 Like

yes me too, it is broken I wait for warranty

1 Like

For me this is caused by either a) nvidia control panel has not booted yet. For which the fix is wait until it has. Then log out of windows profile and log back in. This works! Or b) Pimax power management has shut down the headset and won’t wake it up. For which the fix is reboot pc. Wait for nvidia to launch. Then log off and log on. Or C) a hard crash has occured. The headset is locked to last image. For which the fix is the same as the above.

It’s a pain and laborious but at least it reliably works.

Graphics card 1080ti.

1 Like
  1. PiTool reinstall not worked.
  2. Changed USB Ports für the Pimax-Plug not worked.
    3.Restart the PiService not worked
    I think the problems are cable issues.

I had the Diagnose 10600 error as well immediately following a pitool and FW upgrade. Been trying for two days to get this stupid thing to start up, but all I’d ever get was the red light and no startup. Tried a million different things, including many of the suggestions on here.

I tried your suggestion finally and deleted all the folders in appdata after uninstalling all Pimax software including Pitool and Piservice. I did add one step and rebooted before installing Pitool again. After installing Pitool I followed the steps from Sweviver’s video (part 1) that is stickied on r/Pimax, which is basically

1. plug in DP
  2. plug in USB
  3. plug in power
  4. start up Pitool

it didn’t work at first, but after turning off the headset and turning it back on while Pitool was running, it fired right up! THANK YOU so much for posting your fix.

2 Likes

I’m happy to see that it helped someone. :grin:
These headsets can be iffy to get going, including having to ensure perfect cable connection into the headset even when it looks solid.
Well, at least now pitool has a diagnose button under the help tab that gives some useful info.

INTRO:
Got my 5K + this week, once plugged all cables, installed PiTool, headset was found, then I tried to pair valve index controllers, only one worked, I started steamvr, got first impressions started to tweak IPD & on vertical IPD adjustments it crashed. Then it stopped to work. And I got exactly the same problem as current topic - red light, no HDMI/DP connection diagnose, I tried to do all tips & tricks for about 4 hours, googles all forums, tried to installed different PiTools, rebooted without HDM connected, connected it in order proposed above, deleted all user side folders (local, Appdata ones all of them), reinstalled pitool, it really started to piss me off. I really started to hate PiMax software by that time & believed in all that forums negative stuff. Ok then I found a solution & after that I was so happy with product I bought, but that bug ruined my first impressions though, just registered here to provide a way I solved the issue to others which will face the same dumn thing:

SOLUTION:
I started steamvr on its own even if PiTool said HDM is disconned, steamvr said that display is disabled & offered to rebooth the device (I tried to reboot HDM with power button (it issued sound & change in red light but it still kept red), I tried to reboot PI service many times itdidn’t work). However steamvr reboot device worked, but then it crashed again, but when it was working before the next crash (about 7-15 seconds) PiTools strated to recognize the headset. So final solution for me was to reboot the HMD with steamvr, plug out all headset wires from PC until it crashed in 10-15 seconds, then close steam vr, without rebooting anything plug in the HDM with all wires back & wow, all started to work good, then I srated steamvr from PiTool again & it stopped crashing.

SOME OTHER THOUGHTS:
I had impression that I got faulty unit or my wire was broken, but seems HDM has some state applied by software & the only way to get it back is to set this state back by other software, which was the steamvr for my case nothing else worked (service, pitoole reboot buttons, reboot, replug cables, reboot by HDM power button). Im so happy I figured it on my own, as headset gave me the impressions I even didn’t expect, the quality of screen is decent, I have valve index & it has a bit bighter colors, but LCD artifacts (integrity/ripple of the screen) is more poor than on Pimax 5k plus, although index not bad & a good one & large fov is great thing, pity that you can’t use your eyes & have to look straight, but the feeling when you look straigh is impressive.

Thanks for good piece of hardware. I know it’s hard to keep compatability with third party tools like steamvr as they also do betas, new updates & pitool can conflict with it, but it was not user friendly at all (wasted half of the day). I hope you will improve your software eventually.

2 Likes

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

This is ver I got stuck also.

Yep I just did pitool update. Then firmware update which failed so now headset doesn’t work. Have green,red and blue blinking lights on headset. What the f happened :flushed:

I got the same error with my new headset and i think have tried every single solution there is on this forum, Reddit and various sites around and nothing helps. When restarting the Pitool the display shows up in as a display in windows and i can see my desktop in the HMD but then it looses the connection. The LED is still green.
How can people still have this problem over two years after post show up.
What else can i do than return the HMD since i cant get it to work at.

Hi there, this error (10600) happened to me, i tried every tips i could find on forums and nothing worked until i ran the dfu program located on the pimax program files and reinstaled a new firmware that i found on the pimax/support Page.

Pretty easy!!
Hope it can help people still struggling with this…!

Cheers.

1 Like