Pitool Beta v1.0.1.271 Discussion

TRUE, THERE ARE NO DATES AND NO FORECASTS. We hope they give us more consideration.it seems like a state secret.

3 Likes

I installed this update and the performance from 2080Ti has dropped terribly. Previously, 120HZ from the SS flew constantly in all racing games, now even 90HZ I have a problem, which is half of the 45 from the SS.
They will do something about it, or is it just me who has such a problem.

1 Like

Yes there is something wrong with ss on this pitool.
First, it doesn’t work at all on RaceRoom.
For other games, if I chose 120hz for exemple, il will keep 60 fps, but sometimes it will go down to 40 fps without any noticeable reason. Which leads to stuttering.
It’s like they added several stages of SS.

I made a terrible mistake with the update.
I wanted to show my colleague how cool Pimax is and that it is mega fluid at 120HZ - 60FPS SS, today it has to come to me and there will be a mega meatball, I will be laughed at.
Exactly as you say, R3E I have the same.
It’s a pity some don’t fix it.

There is nothing stopping you from installing previous versions if you discover an issue.

5 Likes

I installed it automatically, via PiTools, and now I don’t know where to look for the previous version. Is it complicated or is it enough to click on the file that I can get?

Edit

I went back to V1.0.1.270, should I revert the firmware too, because at the moment I have v2.1.255.271, I’m afraid I will really damage something

1 Like

Should be no need to revert the firmware in this case.

4 Likes

if you have installed previous versions of pitool, do a research on you computer disks “pitool”.
you should find the .exe for pitool 270.
I have found them and gathered them on a file. each time I want to use 270 it takes 30 secs to do the change.
you can also find them on this forum.

2 Likes

Well i am looking for the pitool 270 download file but i cant find it anywhere usually companies also leave online previous versions but on the pimax site i believe this is not the case
would it be possible to put it online and send me a link or a notification or something ?
Or maybe someone in the community can share it through yousendit or something like that
it would be great :wink:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-v1-0-1-270/35466

6 Likes

Great thank you Verry much :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra @PimaxVR

I finally Tried .271 and was giving me Blackouts in Iracing. Uninstalled it and installed .270 which I had previously installed,
NO Blackouts!

EDIT: I have the occasional blackout now. Don’t know why?

Running as shown:

4 Likes

same here but the screen is always black

If users need to install .270 again and can’t find it or it won’t download, I have a copy still and can upload it to google drive if requested.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue, which model you are currently using for iRacing?

1 Like

Using 8K X @PimaxQuorra

Edit: Since I tried .271 then reverted back .270, I have the occasional Blackout. When before I installed .271, I had No Blackouts with .270.

I’ve also changed Iracing settings in the rendererdx11.ini and app.ini. My settings are similar to this: https://community.openmr.ai/t/iracing-detailed-setup-guide-for-pimax-5k/19591

It also happens that the controllers do not turn off when closing pitool 271 ?. In the previous version of pitool 270 when closing pitool it also turned off my index controllers, it was a function that came in handy when closing the PC they turn off by themselves. Now they never turn off, even if I have 5min set to steamVR, or the option to turn off the controllers when exiting SteamVR, which has never worked.

I am about to go back to pitool 270 to have this feature again, or is there something I can try in pitool 271 to turn off the controllers when exiting pitool?

Thanks…

1 Like

I am still using some older version of the pitool, but been wondering if there have been any improvement on Smart Smoothing? Is it getting any closer to quality of ASW (meaning, less artifacts)? Thanks.

1 Like

Anyone else having ghosting issues? I recently received my 8kx and have been suffering from some pretty bad ghosting/smearing when rotating my head. Could this be a software fix or defected lenses? I’ve tried every hz option and both the stock and fiber cable. Thanks

1 Like

Are you using the latest Engineering Preview 298 firmware?

Can you confirm if your using upscale or native and refresh rate.

Also if you could share your pc specs please.

Welcome to the Forum. I have bumped your user level.

1 Like