Pitool 262 problem

This version seems to be working great with big performance boost, but only without motion smoothing.
With motion smoothing on i get constant stutters about every second in DCS and in IL2 it looks completely broken with stutters and image tearing. Never had this problem in previous versions (have same problem with 263).

I play DCS on normal and IL2 on large with 64Hz refresh rate on 2080.

Anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

1 Like

What is your hdm and PC configuration?

1 Like

Motion smoothing, or smart smoothing?

@Miracle
It’s Pimax 5K+, Ryzen 5 1600@3.7, RTX 2080 and 16GB RAM.

@mirage335
I’m using Smart Smoothing from PiTool with 64Hz.

Thank you very much for clarifying that!

So, between this and some other reports, it seems others have found out for me - this version still has performance issues.

I am experiencing the opposite in IL-2. With Smart Smoothing ON and PiTool #262 I get very good performance and run my 5K Plus at Large FOV and at 90 Hz.Totally smooth at maximum quality settings too.

I don’t know, something is probably off with timings with this driver on my PC. I enabled HAGS and things improved a bit but it still micro freezes with different frequency. Also tried 72Hz but that didn’t help. Reverted back and have no issues with stuttering anymore (but had to disable HAGS because that gave me stutters on older driver).

I’m running 261 because 262 doesn’t play nice with some Oculus titles. Running DCS @ 144 Hz and loving it. Even though the sim doesn’t always achieve 72 fps (drops a to the 50s and 60s in places) it is running quite smooth. Quite pleased with 144 hz.

Intel I5 6600K @4.5 OC, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GAMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080TI Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 4 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.