Pitool 1.0.1.263 Alyx and Knuckles

With the new Pitool 1.0.1.263 and the SteamVR 1.13.10 update, it seems the PiTool valve knuckles integration improved. for my Pimax 5K+. I could use the knuckles in Aircar and in HL Alyx, works well. That increases immersion.
It is quite impressiv to play HL Alyx especially with shared console parameters, wich eliminated the od rendering fault on right eye. It improved graphics quality a lot.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. I’ve installed .263, but haven’t actually played any games with it yet.

I just started playing Half-Life: Alyx a few days ago and haven’t had any trouble with my brand-new Index controllers, even though I still only have 1 base station installed. (I bought a new one (ver 1), but haven’t mounted it yet.) I’m not sure I see a need to do that right now. My existing base station is working fine. (I have only been playing seated VR games, so a second bs wasn’t necessary.) Apparently, it’s still not.

I had some concerns about the Index controllers, since there have been some reports of issues, which required pairing 1 controller to a separate dongle. I’ve had no troubles at all with my 8K.

Out of curiosity, what problem(s) were you having with PiTool .262? Are you saying HL:A no longer needs to have Parallel Projection enabled?

I’m getting great performance in HL:A even with PP enabled. On my i7-8700K, 32GB, RTX 2080 system, I’ve got PiTool at 1.75 and Steam VR at 100% and I’m getting 80 fps in most areas. I look forward to playing HL:A again tonight; I’ll do a bit of testing to see if I can notice any improvement.

1 Like

FYI when you get the 2nd one, change your 1st one to channel B, and put the new one on C…or vice versa. A is for 1 base station…otherwise I think your 2nd one will be useless because B and C lets them sync

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’ve had the 2nd one for a couple of months, but I only got the mounting bracket a week ago. (Free shipping, so I was willing to wait, plus there really wasn’t a need, until I got some VR controllers.)

Out of curiosity, what problem(s) were you having with PiTool .262? Are you saying HL:A no longer needs to have Parallel Projection enabled?

Yes: no Parallel Projection required any more.
See this post:–>
With .260 it behaved odd, rendering on right display wrong, and knuckles not well supported (PiTool rekognition failed)
There was a steam update, that brocke knuckles support
See post here:–>
With 262 they seem to solve the knuckles issue, and think, I had an update from Steam for the Lighthouses (1.0) and the knuckles at the same time. So it seems PIMAX and Valve did something.
I am impressed.
I don´t see the thing with lost connection, but im may occur. Then I will try out the alternative bluetoth solution with a second bluetooth dongle. In case of…

2 Likes

@NextGenVR posted a guide to setup HL Alyx without parallel projections.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-get-rid-of-rendering-issues-in-half-life-alyx-without-parallel-projection/29004?u=heliosurge

3 Likes

Valve’s ICs have been supported since PT 180 and the ALYX launch command is the reason no PP is needed, so neither is actually due to PT 263

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.