PiTool 1.0.1.132 (stable) released

Official Version Features

What’s New:
Add Japanese language support.

Issue Fixed

Fix the occasional ghosting problem caused by the high GPU occupancy

EDIT: Seems it should have been 1.0.1.132. The last beta was also 1.0.1.129 even though the download page says 1.0.0.129.

EDIT: As You can see on the screenshot above after install You might have different brightness values for each eye. Press default and/or set the values again after pressing the chain icon.
EDIT2: This seems to happen on every restart.

Direct link: http://piplay-us.pimaxvr.com/PiToolSetup_1.0.1.132_212.exe

There’s no new firmware update with this version (i.e. it’s the same as in beta 1.0.1.129 = v2.1.255.212 as the filename suggests).

Bugs:

• Brightness slider uneven between left/right after update (on every start of PiTool)
  • Chinese language (text) in language selector seems broken (see screenshot)
20 Likes

Wow, excellent news! Can’t wait to test it.

3 Likes

This is lovely news!

It will most likely fix the flicker when doing the GPU “default” button trick and getting better performance :slight_smile: Great job!

9 Likes

Fantastic, excellent news!

2 Likes

I dont get the Version-Numbers Pimax is using. I have V1.0.1.109 this one reads 1.0.0.132 should it supposed to have a higher Version-Numer then my current Version??

Which one is better, can someone explain?

3 Likes

They most likely forgot the 1… :smiley:

EDIT: I actually think it’s the other way round. .109 should have been 1.0.0.109?

EDIT2: Nope. It’s the new versions that are missing the 1… :wink:

.132 is the latest stable release, .129 is the latest beta.

Hope it fixed controllers not connecting and showing the annoying “not enough dongles” issue…

1 Like

So does .132 include the changes of 129?

1 Like

I would really think so, but someone with an RTX card (who can test FFR) need to verify it as mine is sent in for repair (I’m on a 1080Ti and the FFR options won’t show up if the card doesn’t support it).

EDIT: Seems to me like the rest is there:

BTW - Even the filename says 1.0.1.132:
http://piplay-us.pimaxvr.com/PiToolSetup_1.0.1.132_212.exe

So I just installed the update. Now the left eye of my pimax is darker than the right eye…

Anyone knows how to fix this? The Brightness level on left eye is -5 but when i move it to 0 it jumps back to -5???

1 Like

Press the little icon which is between left and right to align them?

Okay a press on “default” did the trick :wink:

2 Likes

Just noticed it’s the same on my screenshot… :smiley:

Didn’t try it yet as the kid isn’t asleep yet.

Just did a few reboots and it seems to me that they’ve improved the PiService.

I don’t have to restart PiServiceLauncher to get my Pimax tracked/recognized… :open_mouth:

FYI - The PiServiceLauncher service is set to auto-start, but I start PiTool manually.

1 Like

Hmm, PiTool “Check Version” still thinks it’s the latest version. Why is the button even there, if it doesn’t know there’s been an update?

5 Likes

I noticed the same thing…! :smiley: I don’t think it has ever worked.

I wonder which URL it actually “polls”… Probably a broken link… :smiley:

@Sean.Huang, There’s a text issue. The default was the 1/4 string. It worked fine, once I changed it to English.

3 Likes

Got that too. Guess they built it with a broken Japanese as default language.

1 Like

Added bugs to the OP.

1 Like