PimaxPlay 1.16 cant update firmware

I have old 8K hmd (non +) and its working. But when i try update firmware in PimaxPlay 1.16 from 2267 to 2273 - its failed and nothing happens (HMD stay at 2267 version and keep working).

Im using windows 11. and i have a lot of different usb ports on board (from 3.1 to 4+). Maybe wrong usb?

Dfu update working well. But i havent latest firmware dfu file to do this. Where i can downlad 2273 firmware? Or how to fix PimaxPlay firmware update?

I don’t think pimax play should house any new firmware for the og 8k.

@PimaxQuorra cab likely verify.

We haven’t introduced any new firmware for the 8K series.

Here is the firmware link: P2_DEBUG_M270_t20210107171555_r99ad675.dfu - Google Drive

This firmware is intended for the non-8KX model.

1 Like

273 is not a new firmware. I just don’t have it as a separate file, and PimaxPlay doesn’t automatically flash it (although it shows that 273 is the latest (and this seems to be true, as far as I know). Although it may not be the best version.

1 Like

Thx alot. As far as I understand, this is version 270 (and I now have 267). I’m a programmer myself, and I’m only confused by the “debug” status. As a rule, this means the presence of debug functionality that often slows down the program. Doesn’t this affect the firmware speed in any way?

1 Like

I am sure you have noticed often pimax does not use standard file naming with versions.

I have been curious if the labeled debug versions are different than thr non debugged named same version numbers.

Now you might need a pimax debugging tool not packaged in the main software.

The debug status was developed for a hotfix during that particular patch when some users reported urgent bugs. Please be assured that this won’t impede the program or affect any functionality.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.