[Pimax8KX] Problem with Base Station 2.0

Hi,

I’ve bought Pimax8KX with single Base Station 2.0 (Model 1004) and they finally arrived.

Pimax8KX works fine with 9-Axis settings. However I have problems with Lighthouse tracking with Base Station 2.0.

I have installed:

• SteamVR (Beta) 1.15.1
  • PiTool (PiToolSetup_1.0.1.264)
  • VR Experience Beta 0.50
  • I don’t have any controllers, just PC mouse.

I’m working on Windows 10 64 bit.

Problems:
When I plug in BS into power I don’t see any BS icons in Steam VR.
I don’t see any BS (all icons are greyed out) in PiTool.
Led status on BS: 1 sec green, next blue and finally white.

I have:

• reinstalled SteamVR and even Steam (on drive C:),
  • changed channels,
  • reinstalled PiTool with and without VR Experience Beta 0.50
  • I have tried to install vivebtdriver, however I’m not sure it is correct.

It looks like my Bluetooth not works properly. However I have checked it and my mobile phone is visible as Bluetooth device. From Windows perspective I don’t see BS on my Bluetooth list.
My SteamVR doesn’t has “Bluetooth settings” under Settings menu (directly), as others reported. I see this option under Devices submenu, however when I click on “Bluetooth settings” I see only Bluetooth not available.

Problem partially solved. I had my BS too close to my head (Pimax). Now I have moved it to about 1,5m.
Now BS track my Pimax better, but not perfect. When I rotate my head on right or left (90 degrees), then up 90 degrees, then BS brakes the tracking. This is strange as when I move my head up (without rotating) the tracking works well.

Next observation. I had strange BS tracking lost. When I tested Pimax in my hands, the tracking worked well, but when I put PiMax on my head the tracking has been lost very quickly. By incident I put my hands on sides of Pimax then tracking has been restored quickly. I have observed that the LED and shining silver buttons on top of Pimax creates problems. When I have covered these buttons (insulating tape) and LED the tracking starts working much better. Even, I have covered the front light, as I discovered that it creates the problem too.
In my opinion Pimax should consider an option to switch off all external lights on Pimax gogles.

I have seen that current version of PiTool has “tracking problems”, so I hope this will be corrected soon.

But Bluetooth not working, so I cannot set the Power management onto BS.
I have forced my PC to accept not signed drivers, but BT driver (Broadcome) is not installing, even the installation process looks like to be completed. I have removed all other Bluetooth drivers from my Device Manager, but this not helped also.

Does anybody has an idea how to turn on the Bluetooth in SteamVR?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.