Pimax VR Experience - Weekend (Private) Beta Testers Request

Hey all!

As you may have read yesterday, we planned to release the first Beta version of Pimax VR Exprience, in public here in this forum. Today, it turned out the Shanghai team has found an unknown issue launching games with VR Experience on one of the workstations/computers. While we still haven’t adressed the cause of this issue, we decided to postpone the public Beta release here in the forums until beginning of next week. This is simply to prevent the public from getting an improper first experience with the software.

But meanwhile, I would like to gather a small private Beta testing group, for some private beta testing over the weekend. First 10-15 people who opt-in, will be contacted later todat. You will be able to test the current version of VR Experience including the required PiTool version that is required for the communication between VR Experience and the Pimax runtime.

All issues/bugs and impressions will be directly communicated in a private thread here in the forums, that I hope @Heliosurge can create for us testers this evening.

Please note that this is a private Beta and its the first attempt to evaluate VR Experience on a larger amount of computers/setups - so be adviced you may or may not experience bugs and new discovered issues.

Anyone can apply of course, as long as you have:

• A Pimax VR headset (5K+, 5K XR, Artisan, 8K, 8K+ or 8KX)
  • Preferably, you should have a library of at least a few SteamVR, VivePort and/or Oculus games.
  • Only Windows system. Both 32bit and 64bit systems are welcome (32bit windows are of big interest)
  • Any GPU that is compatible with Pimax
  • Its a nice bonus if you have SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort installed on non-default directories/locations.

Please leave a message here and I will get back to you in a couple of hours!

Users who already asked to become early Beta testers and will be automatically added, are:

MrAhlefeld
Skidrow
DrWilken
BNP
grzvs
MR-Alex
jss0831
jTeller
Tharg
Akuma540
godiz
mr.uu
Phoeniix21
Shortee
vorinami
Thanks for your contribution, everyone :heart:

27 Likes

Hi @SweViver, I had Pimax 8K and SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort games. I been with Pimax since Pimax 4K and would be nice to help with Pimax Experience testing.

6 Likes

@SweViver I would like to contribute as well.

7 Likes

Hey Sweviver I would be happy to test it. I have 8k and hopefully 8kx will ship soon. Thxs Jason

6 Likes

Hello @SweViver I would love to have the opportunity to be a beta tester as well. I have been into VR since 2016 and I love pushing the boundaries of development. Thank you for your consideration :+1:

7 Likes

I’m interested. I have steam installed in D: .

6 Likes

@Heliosurge could you please create a private category for the private Beta and allow me to add users?

9 Likes

I’m also interested and have Steam and Oculus installed on a non directory drive and have a RTX Card. I have Oculus games as well and a 5k xr as a 5k plus. @SweViver

5 Likes

I’m also interested 8K pluss and steamvr @SweViver

5 Likes

count me in as well! @SweViver

5 Likes

I’m willing to participate to the beta, I have everything I need, Steam, games, Pimax 5k+ =)

@SweViver

5 Likes

Hey , I´m also interested.

4 Likes

HI! Interested too (having 5Kplus, 8k and 5K BE).

3 Likes

Ok we are 15 now, I guess it should do it :slight_smile:
As soon as the forum private category is made by moderators, i will let you know!
@TrevorVR @Heliosurge

7 Likes

You have all got PM now!

3 Likes

Of course I would be proud to participate

3 Likes

Hey, could I test It? Please

3 Likes

I’d be willing to help out as well if its still an option.

3 Likes

5k+ Many, many games, non-standard installs and Eye-trakcing installed.
Also, UTC +10 so I dont that if thats good or not :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Too late I guess. Would have time to test a little. In any case - great to hear that the Experience is around the corner now!

4 Likes