As you may have read yesterday, we planned to release the first Beta version of Pimax VR Exprience, in public here in this forum. Today, it turned out the Shanghai team has found an unknown issue launching games with VR Experience on one of the workstations/computers. While we still haven’t adressed the cause of this issue, we decided to postpone the public Beta release here in the forums until beginning of next week. This is simply to prevent the public from getting an improper first experience with the software.
But meanwhile, I would like to gather a small private Beta testing group, for some private beta testing over the weekend. First 10-15 people who opt-in, will be contacted later todat. You will be able to test the current version of VR Experience including the required PiTool version that is required for the communication between VR Experience and the Pimax runtime.
All issues/bugs and impressions will be directly communicated in a private thread here in the forums, that I hope @Heliosurge can create for us testers this evening.
Please note that this is a private Beta and its the first attempt to evaluate VR Experience on a larger amount of computers/setups - so be adviced you may or may not experience bugs and new discovered issues.
Anyone can apply of course, as long as you have:
- A Pimax VR headset (5K+, 5K XR, Artisan, 8K, 8K+ or 8KX)
- Preferably, you should have a library of at least a few SteamVR, VivePort and/or Oculus games.
- Only Windows system. Both 32bit and 64bit systems are welcome (32bit windows are of big interest)
- Any GPU that is compatible with Pimax
- Its a nice bonus if you have SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort installed on non-default directories/locations.
Please leave a message here and I will get back to you in a couple of hours!
Users who already asked to become early Beta testers and will be automatically added, are:
Thanks for your contribution, everyone