Pimax VR Experience v0.70.0.0 Beta is now available for download!
Setup Instructions :
- Download, extract and install PiToolSetup_1.0.2.086 (V7) (Required)
- Download, extract and install Pimax VR Experience 0.70.0.0 Beta Installer
- When PiTool has started, make sure to tick the checkbox “Start Pimax VR Home” (located in PiTool, Settings > General). This will automatically launch Pimax VR Experience.
Note: Pimax VR Experience comes with its own installer, but it requires you to have PiTool version 1.0.2.086 (V7) installed beforehand.
PiToolSetup_1.0.2.086 (V7) (Required)
It’s been a while since the last update of Pimax VR Experience v0.60. To be able to add all planned and upcoming features, a lot of things had to be changed in the code. Therefore, Martin @SweViver and I decided to dig deeper into the code and make major core changes to the entire project. This required a massive amount of work, and we have come a long way now!
Meanwhile, we are bringing you a new updated version filled with goodies, updates and bugfixes! Feel free to give it a go, and let us know what you think
- New: Thumb stick/Touchpad scrolling now working on all scrollable pages with Valve Index (thumb stick) & HTC Vive (touchpad) controllers
- New: Thumb stick/Touchpad scrolling now working on all drop-down menus with Valve Index (thumb stick) & HTC Vive (touchpad) controllers
- New: Mouse scroll wheel scrolling now working (all scroll views including drop-down menus)
- New: Click and drag with Valve Index & HTC Vive controllers now triggered similar to SteamVR, by semi pressing (Trigger Axis) instead of full trigger press
- New: Added per-eye adjustment sliders for horizontal IPD Offset (range: -10 to +10 with 0.1 granularity)
- New: Added “Restore Default” button for all IPD Offset and Screen Vertical Offset values
- Update: Core: The entire Unity project has been largely refactored to reduce internal reference dependencies
- Update: Core: Improved performance and reliability of the application thanks to major core changes
- Update: Core: Refactored Main Dashboard functionality, modularity and handling to further improve performance and reliability
- Update: Core: Entirely refactored VR controller & hand-tracking code and input handler.
- Update: Core: Replaced hardcoded hand model names and setting IDs, with dynamic ones for future extended model support
- Update: Core: Improved UI Theme management for future custom themes, colours, styles, skyboxes, etc.
- Update: Core: Improved communication with PiTool
- Update: Core: Improved mouse cursor handling
- Update: Core: Mouse and controller pointer events
- Update: Core: Improved leap motion hand-tracking handling
- Update: Core: Improved functionality and reliability of application Restart/Reload/Quit features
- Update: IPD Offset (Vertical) Adjustment slider per-eye granularity changed from ±0.5 to ±0.1 (-10 to +10 granularity))
- Update: SteamVR Optimization code completely re-written. Now more reliable, always updating the active config file parameters
- Update: SteamVR Optimization default GPUSpeed values changed to 2500 (because of latest SteamVR changes)
- Update: PE is automatically increasing all existing SteamVR Optimization profiles by setting GPUSpeed = 2500 (if previously set to lower)
- Update: SteamVR Optimization GPUSpeed adjustment range is now 2500-6000
- Update: Haptic feedback (vibration) now triggered upon press and release of trigger
- Update: Added smooth animations to Game-icons and Buttons upon hover (more animations to be added)
- Update: Updated time display format to match local System time format
- Update: Updated the analog clock icon to show system time
- Update: Adjusted laser ray
- Fix: Multiple issues that caused incorrect applying and listing of game-profiles in Setting, Profiles and Advanced page, sometimes applying incorrect values to the headset/PiTool
- Fix: Incorrect listing of Command lines in Command Line Manager
- Fix: Corrected UI Scale values for more proper size and distance for Small and Miniature UI Scale mode
- Fix: Readjusted VR controller positions
- Fix: Readjusted mouse pointer positions
- Fix: Path issue with game thumbnails not showing correctly
- Fix: Quick settings load/save/apply issues
- Fix: Issues where manually applying Steam VR optimizations might show a failure, even when it was successful
- Fix: Issues where automatically applying Steam VR optimizations upon game launch might show a failure, even when it was successful
- Fix: Issues where the dashboard re-center button does not work correctly