Pimax VR Experience Open Beta 0.50 - Releasing Now!

We can add that as a 4th view mode with portrait aspect ratio similar or identical to SteamVR, no problem. Let me look into this during the weekend :slight_smile: cheers

8 Likes

So amazing! Only reason I ask is the time I spent making new covers was all for the portrait ones. :smile:

3 Likes

@SweViver do you know what it can be that my performance went down when i installed this new vr experience beta?Even when i unnistalled it again and installed the old pitool.

Does it maybe has overwritten some files or so?
By the way it looked great…

1 Like

I wanted the ability to set a profile specifically for VR Experience Home.
When I play the game and come back to Home, the profile is still changed and I need to restore it with quick settings.
Please consider it. :smiley:

2 Likes

It will have changed the maxrecommendedresolution cap in Steam.

1 Like

Thank you SweViver. You are doing so much good for VR. Amazing job.

4 Likes

Hi,

Just ran into a major problem after installing Pitool 1.0.2.084. My regular mouse cursor gets moved to the center of my desktop and then freezes. Tried a different mouse, but the result is the same.

I am unable to move the mouse cursor at all. Cannot even uninstall Pitool now. In fact my entire computer is unusable.

Please help.

I wrote this from my iPad.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Post deleted. 20 characters.

Thanks for trying this beta build.

When mouse is enabled, you should have been able to see the PE either in window mode, or in fullscreen mode.

In any case, you can use the keyboard to Alt+Tab away. This should unlock the mouse from the PE and bring another window to front.

Let us know whether Alt+Tab or pressing the Windows key on your keyboard unlock your mouse or not.

4 Likes

Does It Change automatically with the installation on PE?

1 Like

Thanks so much for your great work on this project. It definitely makes the user experience a lot more friendly.

6 Likes

Hi,

Thank you so much for your advice!

Alt+Tab did the trick to unfreeze the mouse cursor.

All the best!

6 Likes

the most likely is that your settings in steam is too high but the maxRecommendedResolution cap kept that from being noticeable. now that the cap is being raised with the pimax experience your settings are allowed to take hold and you end up with a slideshow.

7 Likes

This is great, congratulations on the release! :beers:

PVE works great with Pimax 4K in mouse mode.
I even manage to switch FOVs to very funny ones (the Pimax 4K has a maximum hFOV = 82 °, it can now be done 2-3 times less :joy:).
BTW, mouse mode is great, but the mouse wheel does not scroll through lists.

Desktop screenshot:

Through the lense Pimax 4K:

I still have also one wish - this is the ability to watch 3D movies and other videos directly in PVE, without logging into SteamVR :beer:
It would be a great addition and functionality expansion.

While my 8KX hasn’t arrived yet, I will again dabble in it with Pimax 4K with pleasure.
Looks very promising with very wide possibilities and customization, thanks! :+1:

11 Likes

How do I actually use Pimax Experience? Does it run without SteamVR open?

When I have the “Start PimaxVR Home” enabled, all I get is a Pimax logo image in my headset. When I have it unchecked, all I get is a black screen. I’ve never actually been able to use PimaxVR Home even when I had Pitool 263 installed earlier.

3 Likes

I was on Beta 0.50 before installing this new pitool. Is it okay to just install on top?

I notice the date on the PVRHome.exe is Sep 2nd is that right?

1 Like

It takes a little while for it to start and it doesn’t start until the headset is tracked.

Did You do the “Pimax Shuffle” to make the headset tracked? :grin:

Did You try the latest PiTool where Pimax Experience is baked in (check first post).

2 Likes

Yes, the headset is tracked and I uninstalled Pitool 263 and then installed the Pitool in Sweviver’s thread. All I see is a non-moving Pimax Logo image with stars in the background. Maybe I need to completely re-install Windows or something.

2 Likes

Though that might fix it I think there’s surely an easier way.

I believe You can start it manually to debug.

Go to the PVRHome directory in the Pimax install directory and run the .exe.

There are also log files there (as far as I remember).

EDIT: You can start it manually using C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\PVRHome.exe

Some logs can be found in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Pimax\ (“regular” PiTool logs - there are also subdirectories with logs) and some in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome (if that directory is still used by PE?).

4 Likes

It might be because I have many different versions of Unity installed.

3 Likes