Pimax VR Experience - 0.86.0.0 Public Beta - Discussions šŸ’¬

Pitool was running, but that might have been something to do with it, because some of the options in Pitool were greyed out.

Anyway, a complete power-off of the PC seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks.

Last Update in April. No Updates anymore? An IPD Wizard would be nice.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t heard from Swiviver and Arminelec quite a while in this community. I have a bad feeling about itā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m checking here for 0.87 almost daily. And it doesnā€™t look good.

its strange there is no communication about this anymore with @SweViver and @arminelec

3 Likes

i guess they didnt open source it? the tool is great, but ux is concerned, it sometimes does mess with profiles, resets set setting and its not possible to save only one color channel setting, wverytime you change other settings it resets, the tool still handy but those bugs generate a lot of additional every app switch clicks and feel a bit chaotic , 271, latest PE and 90hz firmware, if they open sources i bet somebody would look into these problems.

What cannot be telecharger the 0.86 file

This company is a joke. They release the most expensive mainstream HMD and 2 years later thereā€™s still no solution for the IPD problems most people are having.
I bought a Reverb 2 and havenā€™t touched the 8kx in 5 months now. Today i came here sure enough that i would download a newer version of the pimax VR experience with the IPD tool option avaiable and that i would have to read hundreads of news and advances with this HMD, and i canā€™t even download the latest 0.86 version, because the link is dead. Anyway, i already know that the IPD tool still doesnā€™t exist. And i bet it will never exist.
Oh well, time to sell this badly designed expensive HMD and lesson learned. Never deal with this company again.

2 Likes

Respectfully, I disagree with ā€œmostā€. Certainly ā€œsomeā€ people are having IPD problems, but honestly, I donā€™t think there is a fix for the current hardware. It will take a new headset design to move the lenses closer together.

1 Like

I do not wish to start a new IPD debate but it has nothing to do with the lenses not being close enough. I have done every conceivable setting on the 8kX Line up with this and that and different foams and the only thing that gets me even close to a more comfortable experience is to remove the face interface and stick it so close it hurts. Only then will it lessen the eyestrain. 5k+ which was +5 out vertically was fixed by that and could wear for 8h no probs. 8kX just forget it really. 64 ipd btw

And i very much agree that there will never be a working IPD software guide

Im just selling mine at this point. 9 month of PITA tweaking is enough

2 Likes

Hello, does anyone still have the source file ā€œExperienceHome-Installer_x86_64_0.86.0.0_PublicBeta.exeā€?

Can you upload it somewhere?

2 Likes

40 milles versions beta , et des annĆ©es que Ƨa dure , on sā€™y perd , jā€™imagine pas les gens qui nā€™y connaissent rien en VR , ils ont dut mettre tout Ƨa a la poubelle ā€¦ Cā€™est insupportable , faut peut ĆŖtre demander de lā€™aide a des ingĆ©nieurs de la NASA ???

1 Like

Weird! I gave up on ā€˜Pimax VR Experienceā€™ (0.85.0.0) because it just seemed so complicated and I couldnā€™t relate SteamVR settings to it or how to use it fully. I went back to Pitool and SteamVR settings. Today I got excited when I received an email from ā€œarminlec via OpenMR|Communitynoreply@pimax.vr.comā€ apparently announcing an upgrade to .86ā€¦Then I found the email link wouldā€™t work and arminlec.com looks totally unrelated to Pimax (not a mention of Experence or Pimax). Only after coming here did I realise .86. was released in April which I didnā€™t know. I applaud arminlec for trying to help with his app but it all seems to have gone South. I found .86. installer (canā€™t trace back where now!) but Windows says I shouldnā€™t run it. Is it safe? Should I bother?

1 Like

Yes, I think the PE software is very good and I definitely would not want to go back to using a Pimax headset without it. Windows always gave me the unsafe prompt also but it is fine.

1 Like

Not sure because I donā€™t use it, but as far as I can remember, PE has been a part of Pitool for a while.
So, the updates are included in the download.

Well now Iā€™m completely confused. This morning I got an email from MartinLammi (is that Sweviver?) offering me this:
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an important update. Please update your previous PVRHome with this version to solve a major issue with RAM memory leak.

Bundled with required PiTool version. Download link below: (same link, new folder PVRHome_Beta_v0.20). Available in compressed RAR and ZIP file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tgSASk1Wobnvls-kqGtDIcSdN1EZfuGy?usp=sharing

Beta v0.22
#-------------------------------------------------
and all I find there is a file telling me:
"All previous Pimax VR Experience Closed/Open Beta releases has been moved.
Please check the Pimax Official Forums for latest download links:

https://community.openmr.ai/c/PEXPBeta/62/l/latest"

except that link page doesnā€™t exist!

Is there a Beta v.022?

I think Martin updated all old topics Yesterday and that might have triggered updates for some (I didnā€™t receive any) so just disregard anything about versions older than 0.86.

Another thing; PE comes bundled with PiTool but it will notify You about updates to itself from within PE.

It will also allow You to update from within causing it to restart if course.

Hereā€™s a screenshot showing some of the ā€œlatestā€ (incl. updated) topics:

Hereā€™s a link to the ā€œlatestā€ view:
https://community.openmr.ai/latest

Scroll down a bit and Youā€™ll see all the updated topics with Martinā€™s icon on them meaning he updated themā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

DrWilken thank you for the comments. I just realised the email referred to an August 2020 release! What a way to run a forum. is it me or does no-one receive emails advising ot forum thread replies? I only seem to get ā€˜announcementsā€™.

I will re-install the older version of PE and look for an update - I removed it because I really couldnā€™t understand if it was a holistic tool and managing SteamVR settings from within PE or to be used in conjunction with SteamVR separate settings. It seemed easier to go back to Piltool and SteamVR.

2 Likes

You have probably subscribed to a specific category at some pointā€¦?

Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t intentional on Martin partā€¦ :+1:

Maybe check Your notification settings:
https://community.openmr.ai/u/YourUserNameHere/preferences/notifications

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m trying to download the PE version 0.86 from the other thread but Iā€™m getting an error saying there is no file when I right click - save asā€¦
Can this be looked at please or give another way to get the file?

Cheers