Pimax users: add games to this compatibility list

No one’s tried Fallout 4 VR yet? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Only briefly but I forgot whether I used parallel projections or not. I’d need to go back and be a little more thorough.

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/elite-dangerous-setup-guide-lets-make-it-dark-again/13334

@Heliosurge These topics could use a pins I think.

2 Likes

Bump bump bump bump…

Can someone please try and report the compatibility of “Euro Truck Simulator 2” please? or “American Truck Simulator”

I tried to run Euro Truck Simulator 2 following the guide here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941488807

But the program freezes when I try to open it. I’m a bit of a noob, so perhaps some setting is wrong. Noticed that @elin77 says he ran ETS2 with good results:

Perhaps someone who made it work can tell us how to do it?

2 Likes

sikjar have you got your set yet ? if you have you need to get titled

Yes, I received my 5k plus this week

2 Likes

you should ask @Heliosurge to upgrade your avatar ,congrats on receiving you headset

1 Like

Thanks, I have done that. After all that I’ve read on this forum, I’m quite surprised that this 5k+ works without problems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sweet glad to hear it ,unfortunately im still waiting ,i guess i,ll find something else to do

2 Likes

Up to 146 games now!

Keep em coming!

2 Likes

just played last hope ,he he i keep jumping so much to see but some times just not enough ,sneaky monsters

plays lovely

1 Like

170 games and counting.

2 Likes

This needs to be password protected and just a few people update it, any new suggestions added here. It seems some idiot deleted most of the entries in the last edit. At least previous versions can be reloaded.

3 Likes

Would be nice to see more contributions to this spreadsheet from existing owners. I’ve seen comments on gaming compatibility but nothing shared in this list. I think the notion of a list is very important for Pimax users currently.

Hopefully many others see it the same way. I’m considering getting a Pimax, but the ecosystem seems fragile. It is in the existing communities interest to promote its compatibility if you want it to thrive.

Also, is this image of pimax verified compatible game still valid? Because I notice some games are missing from the list. And the tab for this in the spreadsheet is empty now.

Hi everyone, i’m adding some fixes/improvements to the table this weekend, i’m focused mainly to use steam_appid.txt trick in order to launch games in Oculus mode where possible, i’ve not added the trick where there are not improvements (eg. raw data unplayable).

I’ve found a way to re-enable oculus mode on Croteam games, that doesn’t need pp so better performance (the talos principle and hopefully all serious sam games, untested yet).

Also to mention, the vanishing of ethan carter now playable with gorgeous graphic, and the town of light too works with this trick but needs pp.

also filled/added many other games information that was missing and added an haf dozen of new entries
If something doesn’t works as description post here i try to help you sorting this out.

Just for Information i play with pitool at 0.75 most of the times with small FOV and i try to max out graphic options where possible, for me 0.75 is a good compromise, the window with pp off and hidden area mask is 1900*1900, so not too far from the real hmd resolution if you consider the small fov (and vertical res is already higher so there is a bit of SS even at 0.75, at least vertically)
Steam VR is 100%, i rarely touch it.
i switch to 1 in pitool when performances are good enough at 0.75

i have an rtx2080

Hope you find it useful! :wink:

6 Likes

I look forward to your list & how to. :beers::sunglasses::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

2 Likes

Can you explain the steps to force games to run in oculus mode?

1. Download oculus software and signup
  2. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ?..
1 Like

well…
i don’t know if oculus has to be installed, probably yes, unless you get only the required dlls and put them where the exe is located, i have Oculus software installed btw, never tried without it, i have some games purchased on that platform too so it’s installed regularly.

In order to run in oculus mode is quite straight, in most cases you have to create a file called steam_appid.txt on the game exe folder and put the relative steam id inside.

then you just add the game using the import tool inside pitool, it will start in oculus mode, some games requires additional steps, or totally different steps, but you can find informations on the sheet if i’m not wrong i’ve covered all the cases, if you need help please be more specific.

Obviously Oculus mode has to be available in the game itself, very few games have this functionality, and it doesn’t works for every game even if it’s supported, maybe because of Pimax controllers implementations and/or some other reasons unknown to me.

here’s a list of potential games that can/should run in oculus mode

Also, is quite useless to launch games in oculus mode if they works properly on steamvr, and for properly i mean that they do not requires PP and works fine with the setting you prefer (fov ffr etc…)
Most oculus games does NOT requires pp, so it have sense to try launch them in oculus mode if they do work without pp when they need pp on steamvr, and that is what i’ve tried to achieve, i’ve skipped games that works fine in steamvr.

Lastly, i try to use oculus mode directly in Pitool because Revive adds a LOT of latency with Pimax, never had a problem with VIVE, but with Pimax is barely usable, so i’ve uninstalled it and i’m not going to use it anymore at least in this state.

best