Pimax sillicone skin

No one talking about the sillicone wrap. What do you think and whats your name for the spike covered skin.

How about the “Crack Masker” :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::performing_arts:

4 Likes

Spikey Puffer fish? :laughing:

6 Likes

And a color for every day of the week.

1 Like

I think it’s ugly.

4 Likes

Well in theory pimax shouldn’t need these if the housing is as improved as said. The 8k+ & 8kX shouldn’t need them at all with the RE shell(but suggests Vision Housing might not be up to snuff). Hence the housing change decision.

4 Likes

I used the Hyperkin silicone covers for both my Vive and my Wands to protect against mainly scuffs.

For that purpose I’m thinking it’ll work fine… :+1::wink:

2 Likes

Legion of Doom HMD cover

2 Likes

I really love how stylish it is. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Perfect one would be “camo” color…dunno why, I usually dont like camo that much but on the Pimax it looks awesome.
The grey with green chevron looks so cool
Edit:
Could be something like that :

7 Likes

Chaos Pinhead

3 Likes

Being Advisor, Date Apologizer, Ticket Ignorer, Promise Ruiner, Loyalty Terminator

1 Like

Are there Silicon Covers for the Index Controller’s?
I think it’s not a bad idea also for the RE Versions sind scratches marks and so on are more easily replaced if you just swap the cover.
The style is punky … I do like the slightly crazy look

1 Like

The protective skins are designed for LBE’s that have up to 100+ people using headsets per day. This sort of use case can wreck even the most rugged headsets very quickly especially in environments that use wide space tracking mechanisms like optitrack.

Our thought was in cases where someone has young children, animals or wants to bring their headset to an open venue (meetups etc.) for people to try out then these skin’s might have use cases beyond LBE.

We decided it might be an option in those instances (and more) so we saw no reason not to open it up and offer this to the public.

14 Likes

The online shop names em “Silicon Protective Sleeve“
The green one still has no sample pic. The red one looks too brownish for me. If only mono color I’d prefer a bright orange/red tone.

4 Likes

" Commando cover edition " :+1:

3 Likes

Haven’t found any, yet… :wink:

4 Likes

Just remember, as with silicone phone protectors - silicone skins for your VR headset will cause additional heat build up. I remember having silicone protector for one of my mobiles and the mobile would get quite toasty in that thing.

The 8K of mine puts out a little head from the panels and probably associated bridge chip (as electronics do) and I could imagine that would be much more if wrapped in a silicone skin.

6 Likes

I was thinking about printing some and that was something I thought about also
I would most likely add like Overlapping Flaps ( like on a car hood ) to it .

Shameless self-plug here :wink:: you could take a thermal video of the headset to see where the silicone should be minimized/removed.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/thermal-video-of-8k-and-misc-other-pictures/22682?u=davebobman

4 Likes

Probably just use a silicone frame style cover where the large flat surfaces are kept exposed but the silicone covers the edges and joins. More at the bottom than at the top cause heat sinks :stuck_out_tongue::grin:

a sheath-shaped barrier device