Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

No you are wrong. Yes Nonsense is a reskinned Vive Wand but still has challenges of it’s own due to form factor being considerably smaller than a clunky wand & has removable battery in the design. Meaning designing is key to avoid a fragile controller while making componets fit with a removable battery.

The og Pimax controller was a clunky want & still was fragile as it broke during a demo after being dropped. Causing pimax to buy a set of vive wands during the Kickstarter.

Sense controller is not simple – See Index Controllers.

Ever wonder why Vive Wands v2.0 haven’t been improved save using v2.0 sensors?

Perhaps you can dismantle a Vive Wand & demonstrate how easy it is.

Hi guys, just trying to catch up and this looks like the best info I can find so far. So no Sept. 16 update? Any update on why we didn’t get an update? Any update on when we will get an update?

Thanks

2 Likes

Nothing really substantian save maybe monday as introduced by a new US pimax employee @laartwork whom cited a controller componet issue needing a new source causing design changes.

4 Likes

Alright, thanks. I was expecting more info about the 8KX, if there’s some uncertainty about the controller that seems like a detail that didn’t need to bomb the whole update, but what do I know. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Truth they could do a fair bit different on communication of late. But this bit of info is much better than the earlier attempts of Dorian & internal target date leaked. (Cliff notes)

2 Likes

The controller needing a part from a new source was from a couple months ago and not an issue anymore. But did push back production initially. Also not sure about Monday being the date for announcements. There is some other things that have to fall into place at the home office before they can confirm a new date or be prepared to make an announcement.

2 Likes

Can you not give an update on Monday with what info you DO have

We don’t need one big update, just what you have now, save other unreleased info for another time

Your community will be greatful

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure PimaxUSA said it’d be a atleast a day before Oculus Connect 6, so it’s either Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

Laartwork could you please add a Pimax tag to your name. It’s terribly confusing dropping random comments here with no reference to the company

7 Likes

You’d think that would be obvious to Pimax (that every employee on the forum needs a “Pimax” tag), but they cannot seem to figure out the simplest elements of good communication.

5 Likes

Hey group. There’s over 500 posts since I was last in this thread - how’d it all wind up?

Cliff notes?

2 Likes

There has been much discussion, but no real news.

The announcement date has been postponed, but no new date has been set. There have been requests for partial news on what is ready to share (perhaps on the 8KX), while we wait for things which are still being finalized (new controllers).

4 Likes

Thanks Neal - Shame it went that way. Personally I was really hoping they’d make good on some comms by now

5 Likes

You’re welcome. I find the continued problems that Pimax has with communication to be highly frustrating. They say things will be better, but they keep “shooting themselves in the foot”.

6 Likes

Pimax said the update is less than 7 days away and Pimaxusa said it’d be at least one day before Oculus Connect on the 25th, so it has to be 3 days away.

2 Likes

Yes, but they still have not set an actual date for the announcement. Also, why believe the new statements? Pimax simply cannot seem to meet a deadline, any deadline.

6 Likes

I think that I intentionally stuck my head in the sand, thinking i’d give them the benefit of the doubt and a few more days to prepare. I really want for Pimax to do better

4 Likes

Oh - Okay, thanks for the update. At least they’ve said something

2 Likes

We’ve been given a ballpark estimate of no more than 3 days away, after being told less than 7 days.

As I do. I really like my 8K and the 8KX rumors sound promising. I’d like to upgrade, but Pimax makes it so hard to believe what they say.

2 Likes