Pimax Roadshow-Second stop: Yullbe Wunderland

Well, if Pimax offer these lenses with individual values set according to the instructions of the customer, great. If not, well…

It works, we’ve tried it and it works great.

4 Likes

These units for the USA roadshow do have new lenses that the engineers say went through a new calibration process. I didn’t get to try the ones that are being used for the EU roadshow so hard to directly compare them.

Tomorrow we’ll grab a variety of people at the venue and ask what they think leading up to the roadshows that begin on Tuesday.

6 Likes

Oh that’s great news!

Kevin When your shows Start let’s create an Announcement Topic with Staff posting Links for impressions from a linked seperate discussion thread.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping the issue has been addressed…

On a less hopeful note: Can you confirm non-delivery on adjustable eye-relief, and adjustable diopters?

3 Likes

I could make the same chart comparing a Ferrari to a city car where it turns out that the only difference is engine power

wheels: 4
fuel: gasoline
wind protection: glass windshield
change of direction: steering wheel
seats: 4

asperic lenses and display port are enough to compete in a different category, but why doesn’t your chart show items like:

FOV
interchangeable lenses
WiGig module
etc.

I don’t think you are really convinced to propose these charts to a dumb audience, I think you are doing this to convince yourself

Yes, I think you believe you are carrying out an important mission and people should thank you. So much arrogance.

In the instant you lie or emphasize things to create a more negative impression than what it actually is your mission has failed, and you become a useless hater.

1 Like

Entry level PCVR is very very exciting though, I must say. Thanks for the tidbit!

1 Like

Hi Kevin

By your comment do you mean the USA roadshow models have newly produced lenses from an updated mold? OR have the lenses/displays in the new prototypes simply been calibrated?

1 Like

They say it’s a new version that used the full calibration process during fabrication. I have no way to compare though to those in the EU to reveal what if any difference that makes.

2 Likes

Sounds good :+1: You’ll know for sure after the first round of feedback

1 Like

I thought I’d do a new chart based solely on information from Pimax and and the Roadshows.

I’ll update the chart as Crystal progresses. PM me with any updates or alterations you want to see.

1 Like

I’ve made a dedicated thread for the chart and to report updates and fixes.

2 Likes

Good morning all

The manager #Pimax Usa :us: tells us that for the tour in the USA the lenses would be corrected, very good news but for the roadshow in Paris on December 7th this will be the case too??:thinking:
I will be at the raodshow in paris on December 7, 2022 with a friend and I hope that the lenses will be corrected?

aplushhsss /Lolof1/Laurent .:innocent:

I don’t think Kevin guaranteed the lenses are corrected. He said he didn’t know what if any effect they would have. But Pimax is tracking the focus issue now and will compare results between the euro roadshow responses and those in the USA with the revised lenses.
At least this shows Pimax is aware of. And committed to getting it right!

1 Like

Did this page get deleted?

Yes Pimax deleted it.

EDIT: looks like it’s back.

I’ve noticed this happen a few times now. It needs to stop.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.