Pimax Progress Update - July 17

Today in our Progress Update:

• Pimax Play 1.23.01 is available
  • Crystal Super update and questions answered
  • Pimax Crystal Light reviews are coming in
  • Developers Discord server

Pimax Progress Updates is our bi-weekly column in which we share important bits for Pimaxians. For questions or comments, reach out to a Pimax representative on Discord, or contact us via our support page.

Pimax Play 1.23.01 is available

We’re constantly improving Pimax Play, both the usability as well as adding new features. This new update for both the Pimax Crystal and Crystal Light is soon live. It’s not yet pushed to all Pimax Play clients, but it’s available for download here: PimaxPlay 1.23.01

The most important changes are:

• Across dozens of settings in Pimax Play, we’ve improved the accuracy by which users can adjust values. Rather than only dragging a slider, numbers can also be typed in now, or adjusted with a plus and minus button.
  • Improved the wording of many buttons and tooltips for more clarity
  • Added Japanese language option
  • Fixed an issue that caused SteamVR to crash
  • Optimized OTA process and fix OTA bugs
  • Optimized AMD GPU adaptation
  • Improved the inside-out camera quality
  • Further optimized the positioning algorithm (as mentioned in this video) for inside-out tracking, including:
  • Fixed jittering issues
  • Fixed an issue where the headset has not moved for a long period of time and then for a brief moment, it has small tracking inaccuracies

Crystal Super progress update

The Crystal Super was announced in mid-April this year and we’ve been making a lot of progress. Let us show you the resized exterior, QLED and micro-OLED panels, lenses, and even some through-the-lens footage.

To summarize:

• The exterior has been reduced in volume by almost 30%

• The QLED 50PPD glass aspheric lenses are ready. They’re significantly bigger than the lenses on the Crystal and Crystal Light, and work with the new QLED panel, providing a 3840x3840 resolution with 130° horizontal, 110° vertical FOV.

• The micro-OLED panel and pancake lens are still a prototype, but you’ll see a through-the-lens shot in the video.

• The front cover light is working and shown in the video.

• The interchangeable optical engine, we’ll have a working sample this or next month. Technical designs shown in the video.

We have answered the questions here.

Pimax Crystal Light reviews are coming in

The Crystal Light is shipping, and more and more reviews are coming out. Here we list beneath some YouTube reviews.

Grim Reapers Kelso: “It’s noticeably lighter and without the need to battery swap, so I can play as long as I want, well, until my wife beats on my door.”

Tally Mouse: “The image is truly impressive compared to similarly priced competition”

VRFlightSimGuy: “It’s a very easy headset to recommend.”(And gives 10 reasons.)

Overkill Simulations:

VRMan Cave:

VoodooDE:

Developers Discord server

To better assist developers, we now have a Discord group to ask these questions and be in touch with our developers.
Hop in now!

1 Like