Pimax OpenXR Updated to v0.2.4

No worries- I’m grateful for your help.
I’m easily confused.
:grin:

1 Like

maybe a silly question but… while you can set the steamvr settings for “maxRecommendedResolution” for example to 16.384 or 8.192, what’s the automatical setting in Pimax OpenXR or how can you change it? Or is there no possibility for that?

For me the change from 8.192 to 16.384 (with steamvr) was a huge image quality jump.

Thanks!

1 Like

is not necessary. This is a pure SteamVR story from the old days.

1 Like

Ok, so you have the full resolution anyway, ok thanks :raising_hand_man:t3::+1:t2:

And supersampling can just be done in the pitool?

When I think about it, that’s a good question.

In the game where I use it (Fs2020) I regulate it with the ingame resolution and OpenXR Toolkit FFR Settings.

Oh man, I was so excited when I came across your comment, been looking for an app to do this in War Thunder for ages since they went to openxr and I cant look back. Installed it and it detects headset but doesnt work in this OpenXR game (i tried the OpenXR version too didnt work). Gutted, sick of breaking my neck!

1 Like

Unfortunately the XRNeckSafer in its current version only works with OpenComposite apps, and not with pure OpenXR apps. I’ve given feedback to the developer on how to support all OpenXR apps, so I have hope that he will fix it in the future.

1 Like

Nice! will be watching eagerly for updates :smiley:

I just tried again, and when you force seated mode it works in War Thunder! Im so happy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.