[Pimax Official]To Pimax 8K backers

Yeah the only thing I remember was the debate about the unusual pixel layout . Oh and how much panel utilisation .

1 Like

I switched to the 5K+, then back to the 8K (a while ago). When I first heard about the 1-month plus delay, I tried to switch to the 5K+, but was denied, so I’ve decided to stay with the 8K.

7 Likes

Then you received a mail telling you that you are about to receive your 5K+…

Happened to someone some days ago, you can find his post.

I won’t be upset, if I get a 5K+ sooner. According to the spreadsheet, mine is still being “built”, so that sounds like an 8K.

im fairly confident they aren’t “new” panels. There aren’t exactly that many 4k screens available, especially with the refresh rate needed. Im like 99% certain they are just ‘refined’ versions of the same panel, so with any obvious issues ironed out and better quality assurance (the reason the 8k has been delayed is the last lot of panels quality was bad).

3 Likes

Look, here is an interesting answer:

3 Likes

True, i am very interested to see the official response to all this.
But i think that is the usual “agree to whatever the backer is saying because i dont understand” that has caused basically every other confusion on this forum

2 Likes

Explain us your words. When did the standard of the panels rise, months ago, before this last order ? In addition to the patience of the users of the 8k for the delay of the panels, according to you, you say words without any explanation that makes the backers are more nervous not to understand anything.

2 Likes

great, with new improvements coming up its easier to wait

3 Likes

Ask Kevin directly, he said he would be back today, if someone knows his name on the forum…

2 Likes

We can ask him, but I think I’ll know the answer :wink:

I think it’s @PimaxUSA

3 Likes

O no you heard that , lol on the other hand it may be good reson to make the 8k superior to the 5k standard

Doctor say patients are running in the low numbers LITERARY

The exact date is when Sebastian first started to push 5K+ :wink:

1 Like

???
What are you talking?
I do not know if I understood properly.
You mean that Pimax is going to make better panels for 8ks which will be sent to backers who are still waiting their plage. And you need feedback from 8k backers.

If my comprehension is right, OK, I will wait.
Please make a good HMD.

1 Like

Sebastian also talked smack about Pimax, but not the product itself. So I wouldn’t think so, but maybe that was just a cover? :thinking: Anyways when in doubt, order a fresh set of Occam’s razors.

1 Like

What a mess…

Maybe it’s better for me to just ignore this forum until after Chinese New Year and come back once the dust has settled. I think the problem stems from people hanging off every word from Pimax representatives which creates confusion especially as they are often few, vague and plagued with translation issues.

In this instance for example, the panels could be the same as before but better optimized or improved in other ways via software. But people here are assuming it means brand new panels that improve the 8K. I’m pretty sure some people are quietly hoping these fictitious new panels make the 8K better perceived than the 5K+.

If they are using new panels, then great but I believe more clarification and some testing is required before jumping the gun and proclaiming the second coming of the 8K.

:exploding_head:

9 Likes

Excellent advice!!!

1 Like

i expected more from @PimaxUSA to set things straight here on the forum, but maybe it is not in his job discription

5 Likes