[Pimax Official]To Pimax 8K backers

Agreed they need this level of support to ensure posts are not misread as to the intended info being released has proper clarity.

1 Like

That’s fine and this of course would be a worthy exception assuming the 5K inventory still needs to be bolstered because the replacement rate is so high. My point assumes that their inventory to cover such a thing is sufficient of course and only that all other production should be then 8K until those backers are complete.

2 Likes

Yes even at under 3% is still a lot higher than a compamy target.

1 Like

Even if say 6000 units were 5K+ (do we know the ratio?) 3% is only 180 headsets. Given their daily production, they should have plenty of reserves by now.

1 Like

You’re right something happened. However they had the option to let us know before and possibly gain some leniency. They chose not to so as it stands backers first is still in effect and if they break that I know for me they will lose all future business and i’m sure many other feel the same.

that’s what I wrote two months ago…

does it look more obvious now?

9 Likes

Albeit cost instead of time that has pretty much been my working theory for months. Even more so due to the “late” (waited until most switched to cheaper IMPROVED model) arrival of panels.

1 Like

5k preorders shouldn’t bother any 8k backers especially if it sitting at the warehouse already. Now if they went and gave out the 8ks to the preorderer first now that wouldn’t be right.

1 Like

Pimax loves to make their announcements and “Updates” on Fridays (Friday evenings in China too), so they can conveniently disappear for the weekend.

7 Likes

I regret to say that I was disappointed with you.

Agreed. This is feasible and within their reach.

2 Likes

Imagine the reaction from all of the 8K backers who switched 5k+ if Pimax upgrade the screens on the 8k and called it 8k+ at no extra cost to backers lol

Now that my friends would be an impressive shitstorm…

4 Likes

This is what I am wondering. Maybe they had to order different screens because the ones they were using earlier in the year are no longer available.

1 Like

For me the screen was never the problem. It was the upscaler. People who had vr headsets already are used to pentile anyway, some prefer it. If it were rgb stripe then I bet it would still have slightly more blurry text although the sde would probably be a bit better.

2 Likes

Maybe if the new screens had a pixel layout the same as the 5k+ the upscale chip might work a lot better for clarity . But we must remember we are just speculating :thinking:

1 Like

Do u know what is differenc M1 ver./ M2 ver. / backer’s 8k??

2 Likes

park posted earlier in this thread saying the new panels are not up to the quality standards required, which is what is causing this delay…I doubt Pimax will say this officially until they’ve sorted it out.

At this point I just want them to get it right tbh

4 Likes

No I have no idea what the difference was .

1 Like

The first 2 m1/m2 have been spotted, the third (8k backer version) is proving to be elusive like big foot and has been glimpsed by only a few…

:rofl:j:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Although Pimax did not intend to upgrade, it may be possible that the old version of the panel has been discontinued and the alternative panel has been hydrogenated.

Of course, my personal guess is…

I hope so in return for the delay.

1 Like