Pimax Now Event Discussion (merged)

AH… i solved it… i had to put my delivery adress in as an other adress thene the billing adress… this do not seem logic as i use the same adress… but it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both aesthetics and functionality is important. However as I already ordered a hand tracking module to use with my upcoming 8KX and willing to buy a eye tracking module once it is available, it becomes very critical.
Kevin already said that the 8KX won’t utilize both eye tracker and hand tracker before launching the pass-through adapter, which will make comfort even worse. This was a really bad decision to remove the upper usb part.

2 Likes

Hi do we know who is manufacturing the drivers on the Dmas? I remember Sweviver saying it was high end.

Who cares? If those Frequency Response Graphs are even approximately correct, the DMAS will be absolutely amazing. Even the SMAS looks really good.

4 Likes

@SweViver did you test ACC with eye tracking? thats a game where it would be really needed :stuck_out_tongue:

@SweViver
You tested performance boost from Eye Tracking by calculating Frame Rate. In that case you can’t go over 75 frames per second. But you can calculate by GPU Frame time. May be you can make benchmark of DFR by calculating GPU Frame time, what do you think?
To reach 75Hz the Frame time must be lower than 13.33ms (in ideal, but in real we see frame drops when frame time is 12ms). So when we use DFR and see frame time lower then 13ms(in theory, 12ms in real) we can increase our graphic settings.

Thanks everyone for joining the event today! I guess we all got some surprises today :slight_smile: Im really sorry for all the time being away from this forum lately. Its just been busy times, especially the last weeks.
I will start catching up on all posts from tomorrow morning when i wake up. Hardly been sleeping lately, so gonna get some good sleep now and lets talk tomorrow everyone!

Btw Im happy to see so many of you liking the idea of VR Experience. Im sure we will make it great together. What Ive done so far is just the beginning!

Either way, its now happening. Im so glad to be able to share the news with Kevin!

Thank you

21 Likes

Thank you Martin and Kevin. I really enjoyed the fun and informative presentation. Many questions answered. I wish I hadn’t opted out of the eye tracking!!! Looks fantastic!!! I love the whole plug and play experience idea, it will really help entice more people to pimax

2 Likes

Good job, I appreciate Nordic CEO acknowledge the sub par performance in many areas that lead to customer dissatisfaction. As a grown man I’m able to accept reasonable circumstances given that being upfront and truthful about it. It’s the principle of things more than anything else.

Very excited to finally receive the 8kx.
Very pleased with this update. Much higher quality than previous.

4 Likes

I like the VR experience, I suggested something similar time ago, good job :+1:
Maybe it needs a better or shorter name though, similar to Dash, Hall, Hub …
Can we go to the VR Experience without exiting SteamVR?

3 Likes

A few questions after watching through both videos, I hope I didn’t miss it in them.

I saw that it said “This Backer deal cannot be combined with any other offer or Pimax coupon” on the new upgrade plan. Does that include the 8K to 5K+ downgrade credit?

Also, on the controller refund, is it possible to apply that directly to the new upgrade plan instead of waiting for a refund in August?

Will the 10m cable add-on be included in a refund phase to?

When buying a Vision series, is it possible to request to buy the KDMAS headphones? As I need sound insulating headphones for my use case, and both SMAS and DMAS would just be a waste for me.

@PimaxUSA @SweViver @PimaxQuorra

3 Likes

I was just curious if it had been announced?

“VR Experience” runs BEFORE SteamVR. In fact, it should also support Oculus API VR applications as well, and you should be able to add custom VR apps to it.

So, it is a one click “start my VR application with sane settings, SteamVR overrides, etc”. So if you are a sim user, you can be sure you don’t have to run SteamVR, start your VR App, get things set properly, restart everything, etc.

One click "start my VR application with sane settings.

3 Likes

Kevin (Pimax USA) mentioned there will be ways around this as the Eye Tracking Module has USB pass through on the side of it.

I’m not sure how you’d hide the cable though, presumably tape it internally and then run the cable out of the headset to a USB hub connected to your PC.

There is however, the potential issue of adding USB powered fans, bluetooth transmitters, etc, to the headset, for which I think a lightweight ‘dumb’ power/passthrough USBC hub would be useful.

3 Likes

The other Pimax models don’t have as big PCB as 8K-X that’s why.

It has to look like that, not that it matters as to use a VR headset you have it mounted on your head looking inside at an internal screen, not looking at the cable clutter outside.

Pimax Wireless module coming in 2021 will also reduce number of cables attached to the headset.

Because there’s no alternative, unless you delay shipping another 6+ months and redesign the housing.

1 Like

I don’t understand. They were planning the MAS long before the newer headsets came out. They should design it for the headsets people already own since we’ve been waiting the longest and then have another one for the newer headset.

1 Like

And end up with even MORE SKUs to track? That is a road to an even bigger logistics nightmare. No.

2 Likes

Yes, they have explained that at the end.
Ok, no more options and no more delays.
It’s not about how the headset looks at outside though, I don’t care about that either, but it’s modularity has been reduced by half

1 Like