Pimax meets Jensen Huang

Left to right - Jensen Huang, Robin Weng, Kevin Henderson.

Jensen Huang trying out a Pimax 5K+.

28 Likes

Will he invest in Pimax now?

5 Likes

I hope you guys asked him to get the cost down on 2080 TI so that more people can actually enjoy the HMD :wink:

7 Likes

Ohhh, AMD’s uncle :slight_smile:
Awesome guys !!!

2 Likes

Oo… Hope the meet went well. Judging from the photo I reckon he must have experienced tracking loss since in the photo his hand seems to covering up the sensors. Looking forward to GTX 1680Ti or whatever so long as it’s not another RTX line since most of the tech are all nothing but gimmicks and we don’t see much improvement from 1080Ti in terms of performance, right?

1 Like

He didn’t experience tracking loss or any issues at all. The demo went great. We went through some adjustments when he initially fitted it to his head (which is what you see in the photo) as we do with everyone.

FYI it’s very hard to interrupt the tracking with LH base-stations 2.0 compared to 1.0’s. Placing your hands on the sides doesn’t have even close to the same effect.

15 Likes

Does Kevin know what an iron is lol creases everywhere thats funny

1 Like

18hr day. Did both GDC and GTC same day. 4hrs driving between them as well.

20 Likes

I see Jensen had to take off his glasses, correct? What did that mean for his experience you think? What was his reaction on the headset, did he leave a comment you can share?

4 Likes

Curious about this as well. Seeing the inevitable impact Google will have on the gaming industry, Nvidia will need to rethink their business strategy specifically in setting up the price for their future outings. Wonder if he shared a hint or two in that regard plus what Nvidia may have in store in the future for large FOV VR headsets.

3 Likes

As long as Google doesn’t enter the GPU market NVidia is fine. Dunno if we’re just seeing a OnLive rerun, but Alphabet certainly has deep enough pockets to sustain such a service. Companies like NetFlix are constantly running negative cash flows and image how mainstream cloud gaming would impact internet traffic when NetFlix already consumes 15% of it.

1 Like

I think there are far less gamers than movie watchers

1 Like

Could be, I haven’t got numbers on that but at least when it comes to revenue the gaming industry is larger than the movie business.
For gamers latency matters, a dropped frame here or there when watching a movie isn’t a big deal.
Mainstream cloud gaming will not happen over night of course.

3 Likes

I wonder if they will also provide a ‘cloud enhanced’ visual experience. So your Xbox can be connected to google and they will both work to provide least latency with extreme high fidelity in graphics. The more you pay, the better the graphics can get help from google. Dropped frames would not be a big issue then probably

1 Like

I’ll leave the innovation to smarter people than me :smile: but I am not sure how that concept would differ from the current xbox online games shop with most of the computation done on your local hardware instead of offloading it into the cloud.

1 Like

I’m talking GPU power aided by google.

1 Like

This must have had robin elated.

2 Likes

God I remember days like that. Ice, coffee and energy drinks.

1 Like

its good to see industry leaders trying vr that doesnt have a stupid 100 degree fov :smiley:

oculus currently feeling the hate.

go pimax, you have a winning product.

4 Likes

It Just works …

3 Likes