Pimax MAS Counter Balance Back In Stock

Had lot’s of people asking through our webstore so just wanted to announce here on the forum that our Pimax MAS 300 gram counter weights are now back in stock

For anyone interested this set includes a pair of custom wraps each weighing 150gram (300/11Oz Total) Balancing the headset lifts the eye box off your face and helps keep your eyes in the sweet spot. These are handmade Items made by myself. Any questions please ask

6 Likes

I absolutely love it.

6 Likes

I also recommend them. They balance out the headset and are very well made… :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

So the pictures always show the cable going down and its advertised, but I want the cable to go up, is that also still perfectly fine or does that put a harder bend on the cable?

3 Likes

Lay the cable however you want! where is the problem?

5 Likes

Hi Fynnkitty

The cable can stay in the original position. It can go up or down no problem. The counterweight wrap also gives you the option to drop the cable lower. Thanks

4 Likes

I highly recommend them too. My 8KX is noticeably more comfortable and I can wear it a lot longer with the counterweights. The weights themselves are of excellent quality (materials, stitching, packaging); better than I expected. Also, the original shipment was lost (by UPS) and my replacement was shipped courteously and promptly.

I don’t really notice the extra weight while actually using my 8KX, but the one (minor) downside of that weight is that the headset is a bit awkward to pick up and put on.

3 Likes

Just looked like these weights might create a way sharper turn with their edge than the original cable holder which is rounded quite a bit to not put stress on the cable, seems like thats not a problem tho

1 Like

The fabric is soft with a layer of foam. Better than the cable holder :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s a problem with these counterweights.

I only play seated VR games and my computer is to the right, so I’ve routed the cable straight across the bottom of both weight packs. The cable does not bend sharply down at the end. It has a nice rounded curve.

Originally, I had the cable straight down the back, like most people. I only put the cable through the first loop, at a diagonal from the top-left corner to the bottom-right and then straight down. That arrangement reduces bending.

3 Likes

These are brilliant, highly recommend them :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Anyone tried this with 5K+/5K XR + DAS?

1 Like

Hi. The set posted is specifically for the MAS style strap. Here’s a link for the DAS:

4 Likes