Pimax Hardware and Software suggestions

I started this topic hoping it can help the Devs and the Pimax team in getting suggestions and a clearer understanding of what the community would like. From upgrades to the next software implementations that can offer better performance.

Hardware:
MR - Pimax should be more focused on the mixed reality faceplace and how to integrate it ASAP as META has unveiled the quest 3. While I understand that META is leaps ahead in RnD, Pimax can focus on the integration of Sims, using leap motion tech and its clear lenses to better integrate working in VR using pass through.

Crystal slim - THis should have been a complete stripped down headset taking out the XR chip and allowing the Crystal to be strictly used as a lightweight HMD so that Sim and VR enthusiast get better bang for buck, especially after Varjo reduced their price to $990. Pimax could have matched that price.

PIMAX 12K-
Convert the 12K and make the crystal upgradable or an option to change the lens to 12K

Additional addons/ HMD mods - For those daring, Pimax could include special mods to allow certain altercations to the Crystal allowing us to add or reduce the weight and features. THis is where I believe Pimax can shine. It would be equivalent to the “Framework”(https://frame.work/) company where we can interchange parts. One suggestion would be the USB C port where we can add additional cameras to the top of the headset for controller tracking with an MR faceplate for hand tracking and passthrough.
Another Mod to is integrating a "Barebones module to take out the XR chip " for just PCVR

Software:
Better Home-
The advance interface allows me to start steam VR and is ideal but is overkill for a simple “Home”.
We definitely need a better UI in VR.

More Standalone games - Yes I got the Pimax Crystal for standalone too as I dont believe we should spend more money on more headsets and upgrade every few years for specific features. Even Pico came out with more games and Pimax is much older. If PIMAX does not adapt, companies like Somnium VR and Meta as well as bigscreen, will decimate Pimax with either upgradability or simplicity.

Pimax Client- More updates needed, even if thery are in small increments. This alone shows how active Pimax are to release and fix out bugs listenening to their clients. after 1.16, I cannot calibrate IPD and do see the difference when passing the difference to another player.
Controller tracking for simple boxing games is bad and I am put off when playing. I heard beatsaber is far worse. I am not even comparing this to valves controllers but to my old WMR samsung Oddessey which tracks far better in games like BoxVR, Audioshield, Knockout or Viromove. Please Pimax fix this.

Passthough - I am not understanding how Pimax does not allow for passthough with the cameras. All the HMD i have ever used, allow for this and this must be fixed. PC VR and for standalone

What are your thoughts and how can we help to improve software and hardware.
Anyone with good suggestions. Lets get alot of likes for those that all agree on a specific topic.

1 Like

New updates have been released.

1 Like

Whats your take on this. Personally, I look forward to the new updates and believe Pimax should do these updates routinely. I truly hope the new MR faceplate has both lighthouse compatibility as well as a depth sensor. Simple cameras just to see the outside world would be such a waste of RnD not to mention everyVR headset can show the world with their tracking cameras i.e HP Reverb Samsung Oddessey etc.

SO far FOV seems disappointing for only 10 degrees. I feel these need to be inlcuded for those that ordered the full package for the price as we were promised two lens sets.

75 HRZ is an excellent addition

No mention on Pimax software and what improvements or more standalone updates and games and what changes were made.

Overall great progress and commitment from a company with little resources.
WAY TO GO PIMAX!!!

1 Like

A huge patch is on the horizon.
The beta version is expected to be released next week, with the public release likely following in mid-November.

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra That is great to hear. Always welcome progress. Will this include th 75 HRZ as well as better improvements for the pimax client ?

Yes! 72Hz is included.