Pimax gives away 100% revenue share to Devs in exchange for store support

So Netflix, VR Chat, Big Screen all have native Apps on Portal?

Take this slow. Why are all of those apps that are free available across several different software platforms? What would be the point? Why have a steam VR version? Why have an oculus version Y have a WMR version

You’re basically saying all developers are dumb asses for doing exactly what they do right now on every other platform if they do it for portal or Crystal. You’re being trollishly obtuse and it’s funny to watch

1 Like

I’m just asking questions, trying to get answers to make me understand why you think I’m wrong.

So all those Apps are native on the Pimax store already, thats great.

They may not be native on the store right now, but what you’re saying is they shouldn’t be.

And why the hell not when every other platform does the same thing?

1 Like

What was I wrong about?

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be. All I’m saying is until Pimax have atchieved enough sales Devs might not be that bothered. Until Portal reaches tens of thousands 30% is irrelevant.

Heck Microsoft couldn’t even keep WMR going.

Your being over dramatic. Portal Store for Standalone Mode VR makes perfect sense as it will generate content also for use on Reality Standalone mode.

The Store in general will help get pimax extra sources of revenue.

Also beat you to posting on this.

By an hour

Pimax also has the Client store.

1 Like

Steam and other platforms charge outrageous percentages. Even pimax taking 20% would make them a stand out. I think this is great news for devs and Pimax too.

2 Likes

Here’s a question. Why doesn’t Pimax drop the price of the Crystal to $1299 inc tax and sell more units? More units bigger userbase. Bigger userbase more Devs. More Devs bigger store. Win win for everyone.

As for Ports. If it was so easy why hasn’t Pico got the exact same store lineup as Metas? Pico4 has sold pretty well but it’s still playing catch-up. These things take time and money.

1 Like

Pimax has nothing to worry about then just release Portal and Devs will come flocking.

Morning Atmos. Still wondering if you could fill me in on what I was wrong about.

1 Like

I think it was you wrong premise Portal VR is the saviour of the Standalone Store.

It’s not worth me carrying on because I’m not a handheld gamer. And I’d never buy Portal for VR.

Bottom line, Dev will follow hardware sales not the other way around. Portal needs to prove itself and cynics like me need to take a back seat. Pimax should get Portal out the gate and not put the cart before the horse.

Well Meta did buy up a bunch of VR studios. then you have contracts as well. Plus what incentives does Pico offer?

As for porting yes it should be fairly simple. Shared primary hardware platform and Android

As a handheld device sure. But as you said DeVs will follow Hardware sales not to be confused with the brands using the hardware; especially when they also share the OS.

I never suggested such a thing and you know it. I said it was Pimax’s focus for the standalone store, nothing more.

2 Likes

Don´t feed the troll…

2 Likes

I was bored

2 Likes

The entry headset would be Artisan pr some might say the 5kS.

The Crystal is not being marketed as an entry level headset.

Now you could argue the Portal+view would be the new potential entry pimax hmd.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.