Pimax EU Roadshow Events - Signup pages are now going live!

Ah this is fantastic news!! I know beat saber isn’t the best game for showing off the fidelity that the cystal can provide, but I would love to try it at 160hz with the new controllers to get a good idea of what’s possible (while keeping in mind that the tradeshow floor at VR days may not be the ideal environment for the tracking, but a good stress test in a way!).

Do you know if VR days will also get 30 minute sessions or will they be shorter due to the tradeshow nature? I will be there at 9am, hopefully the first in line ha. Even just getting to try beat saber and Alyx would be ideal for me, just make sure to turn off dynamic resolution in Alyx so we can see the full res rather than it dropping it down or such.

Thanks again, so excited!

Exciting. Hopefully Pimax Roadshows comes to the UK soon.

2 Likes

@SweViver If you travel by ferry and car, stop for a drink… ähh… i mean Coffee in Rostock. :joy:

Does mainly mean you will also have a Lighthouse setup?

1 Like

I still recommend AirCar as a demo.

1 Like

Pinned it Globally. Will look into permissions for Announcements\Pimax Official.

1 Like

Will be there in Berlin on the 19. Nov., thanks for the easy signup process :+1:.

Suggested games/Experiences:

• Alyx, clear graphics, good AA, almost anyone knows it for reference, easy to select different levels
  • Star Wars: Squadrons, easy accessible space game, good to see local dimming and lenses at work due to the contrast in space
  • KayakVR, many different scenes which are easy to switch, good graphics BUT with TAA which makes it blurry. It would be interesting to see if the resolution can compensate for TAA, or if you could totally turn it off. With low res headsets like the Quest 2, it’s either totally blurry, or has a lot of shimmering with TAA disabled
  • RecRoom Mirror for testing the tracking
  • Also a game where local dimming is explicitly enabled, as the Quest Pro is f.e. restrictive and does it only by app support. Do you face similiar restrictions, or is local dimming enabled by default?
  • A demo for eye-tracking
  • An 8k (SBS) HDR video
5 Likes

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is aliasing-a-palooza, if one want to check how high contrast jaggies come across at 42PPD… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is great. I look forward to Sebastian’s expressions and I guess we’ll get some from Nathie in the Nathierlands and hopefully Mike too. This is what matters to me. I don’t trust what Pimax say or promise.

2 Likes

Its far better to get some independent opinions and not from any youtubers… :wink:

3 Likes

I know what you mean… But Nathie and Mike are not biased towards Pimax. Quite the opposite the last years. They will come in with skepticism so if they get hyped I’m turned.

2 Likes

No racing games? I would love to see Automobilista 2, ACC or other sim…because they’re demanding and requires powerful graphics card.

Test movies with BigScreen. By the way, is it going to be running on RTX 4090?

Ask them compare with 8KX…what’s the difference in comfort level, visual, ipd, ect…

1 Like

@Heliosurge @SweViver
Not sure if it was you who pinned the original notification in my question, but it doesn’t contain the info. It seemed simple enough. Will the demos include the Lighthouse tracking module? Is it ready yet?
Something simple like yes or not initially but soon would suffice. :smiley:

4 Likes

Indeed i need to know this too,otherwise i am not intrested

1 Like

Indeed. A price for just he hmd and LH module would also be nice with a separate price for the the Crystal controllers should one decide they also want IO tracking would be nice.

1 Like

Pinned posts on Discourse is the Topic vs on say Discord where you can pin a comment.

Guys, I promise I’ll answer all your questions tomorrow (Sunday). Currently away and busy on a family gathering, but I will catch up tomorrow, so please keep the questions coming meanwhile!

10 Likes

Enjoy your family time.

:vulcan_salute::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Wasn’t a comment. Was a simple question as to whether the LH face-plate would be at the roadshows. Shouldn’t have to open accounts elsewhere to ask a question about an event posted in Pimax’s own forum. A question in response to a post here.

I can wait for that info knowing how busy Marcin is atm. It’s not life or death, but if any newbies come looking to buy Crystal and ask questions here please don’t tell them to go to other sites and open an account to get such a basic piece of info. It could be a negative experience.

3 Likes