Pimax display turns off when things explode too hard

i have this strange issue where when the game sometimes goes kaboom, i mean when things explode at their maximum, i loose sight. it starts with the left eye going down then the entire display follows. any ideas what can cause this?

1 Like

How high is your backlight power?
And, do you use realy 2 different USB Ports (USB3 + USB2)

4 Likes

the thing is, im using a 8K +
using 2 USB3.0 ports.
brighness is at -2

actuallly my backlight was at 100, i just put it back to default which is 50. do you think it will do the trick?

First, try two different USB Ports! 2.0 + 3.0.
I think, both 3.0 Ports on your Board use the same Hub and power, so it is not enought.
Backlight at 80-90 are also ok, i mean

like i say its a 8k Plus. i use a standart usb 3.0 port. the power comes from the wall socket

1 Like

ohh, ok, then lower the backlight

at 50 right now. so you think it is not otherwise related? like damage

i’ve been dropping my headset once, thats why i wonder

i have to say everything works wonderfully except for the issue described in this topic

I guess that there is a bright flash when the explosion occurs and that is the cause of this happening. If I am right this only occurs on 90hz and 110hz but should not occur on 75hz.

I had this with a couple of games especially Until You Fall and previously with Espire 1 and even with HL Alyx. Any sudden very bright light or flash will cause the display panels to switch off on my 8K+.

Previously with Espire 1 when taking damage only the left panel switched off but it did not come back on and I had to reboot the HMD. It seems that the new firmware has changed something and now both panels switch off but do come back on after a few secs.

I reported it a long time ago to Pimax and was offered a replacement which I declined but it was never solved.

1 Like

did lower the backlight and the issue actually didnt come back!

4 Likes

And here’s your problem right here.

Wrong, the displays were never originally intended for this 100% brightness setting.

1 Like

Hello John,

We suggest you to file a report with our tech team. They will provide a diagnostic session for the hardware and software and instruct you to get rid of this.

What did you set the backlight to?

i set it to 50 which is default

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.