Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

No standalone content yet.

Yes testers are happy about clarity, DMAS improvements. Controller tracking split.

All other things? Can’t test mia features until pimax enables them.

2 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting a multiple tracking solution but a LH version…

Doubt they make it though. Bigscreen has already set the direction and it’s much smaller.

1 Like

is the crystal worth it for competitive/story-driven gamers, I been playing VR for years mostly games like pop one, contractor, breachers, bigscreen for social and every two months the big title story-driven(eg. lone echo, twd ss) games mostly from oculus. those are the type of games that require fast head movements and accurate controllers tracking , but not as frantic as beat sabre or similar exercise games.

1 Like

Ahh, yes, I misunderstood then. Hope also for a 12k LH. It’s more likely due to the red pen, not the technical possibility… :frowning:

1 Like

That’’ is somewhat a personal consideration. I suspect much will depend on whether the final IO tracking is tight enough for one’s needs, unless you’re a LH user and the face[plate is a consideration.

1 Like

Going from what MRTV has said so far, no.

Here is VRFlight guy on should you upgrade.

Feel free to sign up.

1 Like

What did he say? His first video was very positive no?

1 Like

Visually yes. Buuuuttt…check from 2:00.

Yep cliff notes good for relaxed games and simmers.

Fast active competitive action games like shooters and other games that rely on good tracking? Atm no; tracking not good enough at this stage. Should be better with lh fp. Unless they can improve tracking from what it is atm.

JameJame recently reported(on Discord) they downgraded the Audio due to Audio latency some testers reported. So Audio is back to 8kX quality and pimax is working in it again.

Wow that’s a shame.

1 Like

He did say there working on it based on feedback so who knows.

Whenever I read about “speaker optimization” and “latency” in the same sentence I always think it’s about phase correction using FIR filters, and the deeper in the bass such filters are set to go, the longer latency is required. So to me this doesn’t sound like an unusual case in the audio engineering world.

3 Likes

Perhaps they should offer two modes, quality and latency mode.

Especially if it always would end up in a slider scenario which automatically decreases the performance on one aspect if you increase the performance of the other. In that case a literal slider option may be the best solution.

1 Like

not just FIR, every step in the DSP, even the EQ creates some latency. No big deal. the desired wireless will later generate much, much more.

1 Like

The real reason Crystal is delayed!

1 Like

The days of Sweviver are long gone.

@SmallBaguette

That NDA should be over this week? Where are you? I hope you didn’t choke on that sticker.

2 Likes

You missed the Crystal vs Quest 2 ttl vrchat- The Edge. :wink:

1 Like

That realism reminds me of the racing sim picture in a magazine I once read captioned “for a sense of speed pull magazine toward face real fast” :grinning:

4 Likes