Pimax Crystal Controllers

Dear all,

I have received my Crystal about 3 weeks ago (with glass lenses already, the 35ppd’s). I am quite happy with the device - awesome Image even when coming from the 8KX (Skyrim and Alyx blew me away again, just like DCS and MSFS, the contrast and resolution are absolutely great)!

I had a little trouble with the last FW update (First week of July23), but a simple reboot and it went fine afterwards.

Using the Crystal Controllers is a bit of adaptation - since I am used to the Valve solution and at this point the questions start… :wink: (by the way, Crystals room tracking is amazingly fine for me for both controllers and HMD – the HMD has less (no) jitter then the 8KX/(8KPlus/5K did).

The finger tracking is not on par yet (to index controllers). I am not sure what the end solution will be, I remember there was a video showcasing finger tracking to some extend? Is that something up the road map?

Also having to hold them seems a bit tiresome - I was wondering if this solution or a similar one is possible with the crystal controllers – is there info about the sensor positions?

KIWI design Controller Grips Cover mit Verstellbarem Handschlaufe, Griffabdeckung Kompatibel mit Quest 2 Zubehör: Amazon.de: Games

Kind reagards,

edit:

1 Like

With large hands ICs aren’t as accurate as would be desired either, so I can imagine the shorter grips on the CCs would be even less forgiving.

1 Like

I use the AMVR grips for Quest 1 and 2, they fit perfectly and are quite cheap.

As for the finger tracking, it’s coming but it’s not a feature that was really advertised or promised so might always be an experimental thing, who knows. No ETA on a public release of it.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m glad to hear that! It seems like you’re enjoying the Crystal headset.

I haven’t had a chance to test this grip cover for the controllers since they were released.

Yes, we are still working on this project. However, we cannot provide a specific timeframe for the public release at the moment. We are currently addressing various bugs that need to be resolved, including controller tracking issues and client performance improvements, among others. Will provide updates on the project’s progress during meetings with our project manager.

1 Like